Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

North Carolina congressional election in limbo

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Dec 1, 2018.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Unfortunately one of the things the guy did, was apparantly to "throw out" votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, it could take months to properly investigate each missing ballot to see if it was filled out, collected by this guy, and trashed because he didn't like the vote. My guess is the board will declare the Republican the winner unless there is direct link between the candidate and this guy. They will just say the voters didn't submit their ballots properly (i.e., gave it to an impostor rather than mailing it in). My faith in the red state handling this matter properly is ZERO.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    No doubt the Republicans so worried about voter fraud will make fixing the problem with absentee ballots a priority over voter ID laws now.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    There is a very direct link between Harris and Dowless. Harris even recommended him to other campaigns.

5. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    To follow up, here's the link:

6. Rocinante

Rocinante All American

May 28, 2013
    I saw a lot of problems with this non-sense about signature comparisons. I can say that I have at least 5-6 versions of my signature. Crappy way to determine validity.

I think voting should be based on some kind of ID if possible, otherwise a document signed by the voter stating they live primarily in the district and meet all the other requirements to be a voter under the penalty of law. We allow an honor system with taxes, why on earth can’t we do that with a constitutional right. Have an independent audit team for each state to find scofflaws and prosecute. The fear of prosecution certainly impacts people’s adherence to tax law. There’s a lot more motivation to cheat on taxes than a vote.

7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    A reasonable reaction.

8. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I think we're going to see another election and another seat flip to the Dems. No way Harris wins after this. He'll get killed in those counties where the fraud took place.

9. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    You should read his previous reactions. Let's just say that somebody is backpedaling faster than Deion Sanders. Here's our friend in gif form:
    [​IMG]
    "Don't worry, Pastor Harris, I'm going to save you! Ohhhhhh shi, I just saw the evidence. ABORT! ABORT! EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!"

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    The fraud had little to do with comparing signatures and wasn't at all about voter fraud. It was about the candidate's team distributing absentee ballot applications, picking up the ballots and signing as witnesses or just throwing the ballots away. This is a far bigger threat than individual voters committing fraud.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I knew I should have voted more than once for this dude. Sounds like this will be voted again.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Since the guy apparantly defrauded the primaries, they really should give the other Republican the chance to run in a new general election.

Maybe one can argue they need to start over again from the primaries, but this Harris guy should be barred from running. Not only barred from running, but should be behind bars along with the dude he hired to run the fraud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Would Harris even run again, or would the pubs try to slap another guy in there? He also apparently cheated in the primary, so probably shouldn’t even have been their nominee.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I'm thinking it is because they really don't want to play the "what did people know, and when did they know it" game:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5bfd59c95cf4

Worth noting that the regional political director for the NRCC had been named as Harris' new chief of staff.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Deion backpedaled as well as anyone. Just don’t ask him to make a tackle.

This election will get redone. And if Harris was complicit in this scheme his name should be removed from the ballot and he should be charged with as many counts of election fraud as there were false ballots submitted or real ones discarded. The whole thing is abhorrent.

And here I was thinking the biggest risk to our election process we face was someone going to their car, changing clothes and then trying to vote a 2d time wearing a different shirt........

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Curious that this instance of actual rampant voter fraud has not received any Presidential tweets while imagined voter fraud has gotten more than 2 years worth of his tweets.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Curious that many of the people crying wolf about Broward in the days after the election are now nowhere to be found.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    They are out partying with the folks who defended Hillary's server but crucified Ivanka for using an unsecured device.

You know how it works here :emoji_wrestlers:

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    The whole email/server thing is dumb all around.

20. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Consider this a victory lap for the UNC Political Science Professor and expert on democratic norms who raised alarm bells in 2016 that North Carolina is no longer what could be call democratic due to a complete disconnection of power from votes.

When I Said North Carolina Wasn’t a Democracy, People Called Me Crazy

• Informative Informative x 5