Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, you may notice glitches here and there. We are upgrading our servers shortly, please pardon the dust and hang in there. : ) Thanks for your patience.

NFL Draft summer scouting (The Athletic $) - Trask getting some love

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Jayhovah, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2007
    NFL Draft summer scouting: Three exciting QBs headline...

Plenty to read on Trask, who the author ranks a distant 4th after the top tier of Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, and Justin Fields.

Plenty of good reading for those who are sub'd, but here's a snip:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    The Athletic is the only paid subscription I have for digital content. Writing is solid. I get the Surfers Journal in print And that’s it. Got rid of all other subscriptions over the past 5 years or so as in my view print writing has gone to shit and online content is nothing but click bait and manufactured controversy...rant over....

....now, on to Trask. They have him 4th behind 3 juniors, BUT he’s their top rated Sr QB in the country ahead of D’Eriq King (13) (who he backed up in high school) and Felipe Franks (19) - very interesting. Bottom line is they think he’s the most mentally polished QB in the class Who can process what the defense is doing, with good enough arm strength and passable athleticism. Projecting 4-6th round NFL draft, with a (low) chance of having a Burrow-type breakout year.

• Like Like x 3
  3. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    If we have at least somewhat of a season it'll be interesting to see how Trask develops moving forward. What a complete and welcome surprise, decent under pressure. Can scoot if needed. Pretty freaking accurate. 4 - 6th round projection seems kind of low- but I get it. If the development continues that quickly changes.

Yeah, in general writing has become so bad even I'm looking better! :rolleyes: And I have no subscriptions. Well, I buy Scientific American.

A sudden mass extinction of the virus would be good about now. Here's to being healthy and virus free.

Go Gators.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Here's to Trask having a great senior season, getting drafted in the 4th round by a decent team and having a 10 yr career in the NFL as a solid back up with a good shot at starter time if it is there.
    Love Trask, would be great to see him have the fairy tale career of low draft pick to starter to super bowl winner. But would be just as happy for him if, as a great Gator, he had a long career and became financially set with very few injuries and was successful in life afterwards.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bicoastalpostal

bicoastalpostal Recruit

Jul 10, 2020
    So NFL teams are really abandoning the idea of rushing QB's then!?