Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SOC) Next Women's Soccer Coach

Discussion in 'Alligator Alley (other sports)' started by jdgator, May 18, 2021.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Amato did very well at Arizona. Underfunded program that is still relatively young. Took Arizona about as far as we can go without an infusion of cash, which Arizona simply doesn't have. Wish him the best.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Hoping for the best!

3. bgator85

bgator85 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sarasota
    I also hesitant to make any sort of judgment, but I can definitely see this becoming a story that starts to blow up at some point.

4. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Looks like Beatta Olsson is no longer on the roster, pretty much the only bright spot in the dismal season last year. Instant offensive impact as a freshman.
    Don't see her name, or any other UF players, in the portal. Doesn't look like UF has added any portal help at this point either

5. gatorbiz

gatorbiz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    yep sounds like she’s going to attend and play at another state university

6. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    [​IMG]

7. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    On the FSU roster, that'll leave a mark.
    Afraid this will be a tough season, just have to scrap it out and build the roster back up thru recruiting

8. gatorbiz

gatorbiz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Yes that one hurts. As if they don’t have enough forwards. Season will be tough as coach learning players and players learning his system. I don’t think you’ll see much playing out of the back in his system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. crosscreekgator

crosscreekgator Freshman

Aug 3, 2018
    No one should be shocked by Olsson's transfer to FSU. She is an international and was at UF for only a semester. That is not a lot of time for her to bond with her teammates.

Also, I doubt the rivalry between FSU and UF meant very much to her. She must like the state of Florida though because she stayed in-state.

10. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Just a little surprised we got her to begin with, and she didn't give the new staff a chance. Certainly not shocking, wonder if FSU went after her initially or just saw her talent in her tie at UF.