Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Next Target - Sub 290

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by ETGator1, Aug 23, 2021.

1. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    exactly. I'm sure it ain't easy coming off a foot injury at 340...much easier said than done

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. easycoastgator

easycoastgator GC Legend

Dec 26, 2018
    If he could be a Chris Richard or something similar it would help the team significantly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Yep. He's a long ways from that too, though. Chris would have been a starter for 95% of the high-major teams in the USA.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Richard was a Florida Mr. Basketball, and by his junior and senior year definitely would have started and played more minutes for almost every team that didn't have two NBA lottery picks in front of him.

Not sure I understand the comparison as Richard never had the weight or injury issues. Quite the opposite on his physique. I'm sure Richard could have played 25-30+ minutes easily if need be (and maybe he did in a few cases).

It's good that Jitoboh seems to recognize that his shape is the only thing holding him back. He's probably not going to be asked to play 30 minutes, but we definitely need him to be ready to back up Castleton, and who knows if there's fouls or injuries we could really need 20 good minutes out of him. But he needs to be able to run the court, so that is the starting point. I think he's shown decent touch around the basket at times when he's able to be on the court.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. huey11

huey11 Recruit

Oct 27, 2021
    I like Richard's approach to his business.

6. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    yeah, it was nice having Cliff Richards off the bench