Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New RB Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I, to this day, believe we would have gotten Trey last year and Demarkcus this year had Seider still been on the staff. You see how he's the ace recruiter now for PSU

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I try not to beat a dead horse but I'm right there with you. The guy has the gift to gab and can really connect with the recruits. He has done a great job up at penn st. Just wish we could have kept a in state local boy ace recruiter on at a position that we are struggling to recruit at. He has those in state connects that Knox lacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Hard to classify img guys as in state, but he did pull him all the way up north.

I agree I would have found a way to retain Seider- but that means we likely lose larry scott who has had some big recruiting wins as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    It wasn't going to happen but Knox shouldn't have been brought over but with his long term relationship with Mullen, he wasn't going to be left behind. Scott, Seider, Turner, and C Rob would have made for a helluva staff on the trail

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I would have found a different spot for Knox if Mullen absolutely had to bring him and brought larry Scott In too. But I'm no coach so i just gotta trust coach Mullen.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Mullen’s first priority was to fix the culture and win. I believe he brought most if his MSU guys with him with that goal in mind, knowing he could trust them to help him do that. Second priority was recruiting, but I bet he thought his crew could recruit better at UF than MSU, but is finding that they aren’t landing top 5 classes. I suspect he’ll make some staffing changes in addition to the additional recruiting support staff changes he’s already made. In hindsight, keeping Seider would have helped recruiting for sure.

it’s crazy to think that we will likely end up with a top 10 class for 2020, yet be about 6th in the SEC. Our conference is killing it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But someone on the insider board says Seider wasn’t a team player. I guess Penn State just has a horrid coach’s locker room while we dream of landing the best and the brightest. Good for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    He had an interview for the Browns job in mid January last year. That's the only thing that has came out.

9. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    When your agent is soliciting offers and trying to get his Penn State contract increased (Stoops and Saban strategy), can’t give the Penn State recruits or Asst Coaches much comfort that your HC is not all in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Seider was a keep, not just as a recruiter, but as a coach. His running backs performed pretty well, even in that stinky Nuss offense. Damn shame we couldn’t keep him.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mkfgator

mkfgator Junior

Aug 28, 2019
    I like a running back situation right now. We have some good ones. I wouldn't be surprised if Toney came back, and he should, that we use so much like Percy Harvin. Let them play summit running back, wildcat and wide receiver. After all, if a kid is interested in playing at the next level, he better be able to catch the ball coming out of the backfield. as others have said, our O line is the key. If we finish in the top 10 in recruiting again, that is excellent in my opinion. As the announcer said at the Florida State game, our staff develops players. Our line was young this year . Those guys have to get better and I think they will. Perine did not rush for a lot of yards this year, but he will be a valuable back potential he at the next level because of his pass catching ability. We will get there. It just takes a little time and patience. The gators are moving up. If we win our bowl game, we will finish in the top five in the country. And we will do so despite the concerns about recruiting. We can just recruit about 20% better, we will compete for national championships.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Another thing too is that our schedule is "easier" too. Toughest game is at home, swap out Auburn for Ole Miss, and swap out Miami for Eastern Washington so the OL next year will have AMPLE time to jell.

No way we DON'T go into the LSU game next year undefeated. Shouldn't go into the UGA game with more than one loss

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    There's always a way. Hope DM keeps them focused on the opponent and not the praise. OM always seems to give us problems and UK lately too. UT at Knoxville won't be a picnic either. Of course we'll be favored in all those games but we won't win them by showing up with a superiority complex.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    Its pretty simple, Seider was a major asset on the trail but Dan didn't fully trust him on the staff for whatever reason. That doesn't mean the Seider isn't great at what he does. It just means Dan thought having his people was more important to win games.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    When your talking in the 10’s of millions then I would assume private schools , although plentiful , are less than peanuts in the overall numbers. Why people moved there is sorta irrelevant really. Just know when I looked at a population chart it highlighted from the 80’s on encompassing basically 40 years and it had damn near quadrupled. I’m fairly certain there’s no place in the nation that is even approaching those numbers , not even ga and this place has exploded in the last 4 decades.

16. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I was incorrect. It went from 6 m in 1970 ,9+ m in 1980 to what is projected to be 24+ m by end of 2020. My bad. A lot of folks either way

17. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Gibbs will visit January 24th

• Like Like x 3
  18. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I guess he ain't signing early then. :D

19. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Because he's not going to end up at GT. Sorry Geoff

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Just showed my coworker Gibbs highlight film (my coworker is a Gator fan but not a recruiting head like I am) and he was like "we need to send Percy, the Pouncey's, any kind of Jordan brand material to him and get him to become a Gator" lol.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.