Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New RB Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Y
    ep, he’s not even in the rear view mirror anymore.

2. cubangator

cubangator Junior

Jul 8, 2017
    Seider chose to leave because he was thrown to do the dishes.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    That....we'll never know....

He was retained and reassigned to a position he never coached before. So yea he chose to leave, but it wasn't because he was the RB coach and left

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. cubangator

cubangator Junior

Jul 8, 2017
    and the worst part it was for a worst coach and recruiter.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Legend

Nov 30, 2016
    What’s a BS? I’m not always hip to the newest lingo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bongogator

Bongogator All American

Aug 21, 2007
    Tampa
    They didn't call someone BS, they called the comment, BS

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh geez... Lighten up Francis.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Occam's razor my friend.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I really wanna know what you guys think of who'll end up being RB 2 next year. As lf now, unless he just ballons to 250 lbs, seems like Pierce is RB1.

So what about Malik? Is he washed with the lower leg injuries or will going through a full offseason being healthy help him?

Is Iverson Clement ever going to "earn his scholly" or just eat a roster spot"? Will he even stick around?

Then we have Ny'quan Wright? Can he be the speedster big play RB we need at RB? Will he be a legit contender for RB2 or will he be patient enough to continue to learn and be ready for a starting spot come 2021?

10. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Are you ok with going into next season with Pierce/Davis/Clement/Wright. I am if we don't change the offense because we are essentially using WR's as RB's.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Yep. Particularly if Emory stays and doesn’t transfer. He might be the best of the group when he takes the snap.

12. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Pierce/Davis/Wright/Clement

13. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Legend

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I'd imagine it is really easy to negative recruit against us right now. Out last game the RBs had 9 carries. And the RBs have struggled to get carries all year due to lack of production and we're just not getting a lot of offensive snaps in a game. Then we have 4 RBs coming back and guys like Toney, WRs, and QBs who will get carries. So, looks like opportunities are limited until the OL gets better and our offense gets some tempo going.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    I worry Davis is going to leave. Pierce will be RB1. Clement will stick around and get a few touches every game. Wright will get the fewest carries but will be the fan favorite with the highest ypc.

15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I hear you and I hope that we involve Toney in the RB room as well

Yep, we got to remember that regardless who's at RB, he's going to get at least 10-15 designed runs a game himself.

Clement just seems like the odd man out who won't crack the rotation.

Yep...tempo..or lack thereof has been an issue i've had with Dan since he's been here the last two years. I feel that we've had the offensive talent to hover around 75-90 plays a game but we seem to be in the bottom tier of plays ran per game. I hate it. Actually, we're 107 in the nation with 67 plays ran a game and last year we ran 69 plays a game. Georiga runs the same amount too btw. Vandy, Tennessee, Arkansas, Bama (ironically) are ranked lower than us in plays per game.

College Football Stats - College FB Team Plays per Game on TeamRankings.com

I do believe that Wright is going to be the one who gets like 6 carries a game next season and have the highest average due to him being able to break big plays. We just need our OL to help get these backs into space and I believe with Emory at the helm, that'll open up the ground game.

16. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If I'm a RB coming in, I have to believe that out of these 300# OL prospects at least 5 will get pretty good.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Do you not think SEC defenses will figure out how to shut that down?

• Like Like x 1
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    not if we play with more pace/tempo. It'll be easy to slow/shut down if we continue to rank in the 100's in plays ran per game

19. hotelgator

hotelgator All American

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    The headline and story show Marks is definitely interested.
    It now seems clear that we will sign a RB as we've picked up the pace on several prospects.
    Spivey has stated the Bowman train while not probable is still churning in that he's talking to the staff fwiw.

This portion of GC was always interesting. Contributors have come and gone, some just rebranded, the main issues now are just a lack of info.

The mailbags offered are the Best source of free information on GC bar none.
    AR is becoming rather irrevelant as GatorSports has in the last few years.
    I'd look forward to AS mock and read the same free content on other sites for actual information.
    Arguing about why past coaches went where is not recruiting information.
    Knox is a good coach who has earned his spot on the staff.
    Seider went elsewhere, it's part of the process in asst coaches lives.

Go Gators

• Like Like x 1
  20. Docnoq

Docnoq Sophomore

Oct 17, 2016
    Watching us on offense, it doesn't really feel like we are slow tempo-wise. I think a lot of the issues with our plays per game this year are simply our offense not getting many chances to run plays. Whether that is because the defense can't get off the field (like vs Georgia) or we just stall out early on in a drive and have to punt, whatever the case may be, we are just not getting as many chances to run plays offensively.

For context, compare our tempo now to when we had Mac. It felt like every snap it took us until about 10 seconds left on the play clock just to get the call in and we were under constant threat of a delay of game penalty. Right now, we have plenty of time to get the play in, allow Trask to read the field, and adjust accordingly. Night and day difference

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.