Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New RB Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Toafili wasn't a take?
    Now Drennan is a long shot?
    Parrish is a long shot too? We didn't even pay him ANY mind until recently
    We weren't trying to get Holmes either??

So Georgia kids are a long shot for us but other schools who are ahead of us that aren't in the state of UGA aren't long shots? And speaking of Bowman, why couldn't we lock him down last year BEFORE Clemson even came into the picture this past year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Would you want to run behind FSU's or Miami's OL??? Yet why don't they have issues getting RB's and we do? Last year Miami got Lingard and this year two more top RB's. Maybe there's a surprise recruit at RB in the works but it damn sure doesn't feel or look like it

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    I guess we just have to sit back and see what CDM and Co. haul in on ESD.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    $$$$ talks. Can't lock em down until they sign. Forgot about Drennan and Toafil. Don't know much about them but they don't sound that great. I imagine a lot of Georgia kids liked ugaly and not UF growing up. Probably more amenable to other schools than UF if ugaly doesn't come thru with an offer in that case. I don't know about those particular guys this year though. I know Pierce was a Gator fan and grew up in Georgia so there are exceptions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I hear you. I'm just tired of playing from behind on the offensive side of the ball when it comes to recruiting this cycle. Just seems like we're playing catch up more than we should. All of our best recruiters are on the defensive side of the ball and it's showing when you look at our class. I understand some fans giving a long look to Billy G cause he's not really that good of a recruiter too if we're being honest but he's "safe" in my book. Knox though? I want him out. Only issue is, you better find a damn good home run upgrade

6. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    Not being able to sign a top RB last year was not that hard to understand with who we had coming back, but this year it's a different story as far as the depth chart. Seems we've recruited at least 6 or 7 kids and no one has committed. Something ain't working, and if it was all about the $$ we surely wouldn't have landed Dexter since UGA is his apparent #2 choice. So...it's either that kids don't like the scheme, or they don't click with the coach(es).

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. G8tr69

G8tr69 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    Bama, GA and Clem$on never have issues with getting RB's every year. The excuses are getting old, Shark Donkey did a better job of getting quality RB's. Time for an UPGRADE!! :D;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Jesus Henry Krist the constant whining about recruiting... . Probably why this board is not that active.. . It's getting to the point it's tiring reading the 90% negative BS posted here....

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Point out 90% negative posting on this board...ill wait

It's like people being critical of Greg Knox and his recruiting and backing up that opinion is forbidden

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bongogator

Bongogator All American

Aug 21, 2007
    Tampa
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    It's pretty much every post someone is whining about recruiting. Miami nor fsu landed Bowman or some of these other guys either. Georgia got their asses whipped with 20+ 5* and bama got beat by Bo freaking Nix with their 185...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The most obvious answer is usually the right one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He may be a bad recruiter or maybe any running back that watched our offense is not coming here. Heresy was getting a hard time as a bad recruiter and now seems to be holding his own. Personally if I’m a rb, I’m waiting to see what happens this upcoming season. If the line is just as bad, I’m not coming next year either. Maybe Luke Skywaljer is writing checks again. I wouldn’t go to Miami for free. I’m not sold on Know either but only hope is that our line shows extreme improvement next year and we look like a top 10 destination for a top 10 back. All fandom aside, where you picking if you’re a rb.

14. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    We had a great OL in 2018 and came away with a back who had a broken leg and missed on Trey Sanders. The OL obviously took a step back but that's like saying you wouldn't go to a school based off a transition year at a certain position. If im Marks, im picking UF over MSU and in part because in part that the returning backs we have aren't the most dynamic of players anyway. Same with Gibbs and Parrish

15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    MSU wouldn’t be on my radar either. Sometimes a kid just likes a school. Mom likes a job or they play behind the puppies line. Or Miami, getting paid or like south beach or actually believe in that crap team. Who knows?

16. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I hear you but that's the ongoing issue, we gotta make hypotheticals and conspiracies why we cant get a back here while nobody else of note is having this issue. If nobody can admit that is concerning, and most of us have admitted that, then they def wearing orange and blue goggles. Georgia has Milton in the fold and all they have to do is offer Gibbs and he's there. Same with Miami...we kinda we in it for Rooster, he doesn't bite yet Miami swoops in and gets him. Chaney been solid to Miami so cant call that a whiff. I'm just not buying that the staff slow played Lee (on a possible recommittment), Toafili, Drennen while we out here swining and missing on Bowman, EJ, Gibbs, Holmes, and possibly Parrish too. Just doesn't sound realistic

17. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    Who had a great line in 2018? Ours was no where close to great. Maybe serviceable by the end of the year but by no means great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    In run blocking

We can agree to disagree but you dont run for 215 yards a game at 5.3 yards a pop with a serviceable run blocking OL. That OL paved some holes

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    2021 back Thad Franklin just decommited from Miami. I know we've offered.

He also has been getting ran into the ground by his high school

20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I don’t really have an opinion of what really is going on. It could be a great many things. Watching Perine last year and then this year wouldn’t excite me if I were a kid. I am a homer so I would go to UF if they’d have me. South Florida is not for me either but I had a blast there in my twenties for a weekend. Hard to judge when we don’t know a kid and what makes him tick. The type of kid that chooses these other schools I’m sure factors in. What type of atmosphere are they comfortable in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.