Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New RB Thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It could be, it is just easier to blame the position coach. I equate it to being the WR coach at GT when they ran triple option. I would have hated to be the that guy trying to get highly rated guys to come block and get 1or 2 passes a game.

What you have to sell the RB on is an improving line. UF will add at least two 4* OL to the guys from last year which had two 4 * and make him believe he is the difference maker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ShadowCat

ShadowCat All American

Jan 6, 2015
    And point out that chances are they will be redshirting anyways... giving another year for OL to develop before the RB gets significant playing time.

3. cudagator

cudagator Sophomore

Feb 22, 2017
    And yet Tech boasts Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas and Dez White from that era. Not bad for an option offense.

4. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Dez White was NOT apart of that era man, he was with Joe Hamilton. Stephen Hill you meant was the 3rd WR but he flamed out in the NFL

5. cudagator

cudagator Sophomore

Feb 22, 2017
    And yet the likes of Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas and Dez White played in that offense.

6. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    FSU and Miami's OL were just as bad, if not worse and yet they got top backs this cycle with Miami getting 2 of them with one of them flipping from FSU to Miami.

Not only that, how many backs did we try and get BEFORE the season started and still was whiffing on them? All this "he wasn't a take or the staff slow played him" is just an excuse to lessen the blow of Knox not being good on the trail. Even the RB we brought in last year, Wright, was coming off a broken leg and no other schools was really trying to push for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. xenythx

xenythx GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    Miami also has an abysmal offensive line, finished 6-6, has awful facilities and fan support, and was still able to convince Chaney Jr. and Knighton to come.

The RB coach Miami has Hickson is just a better recruiter (as is everyone else) than Knox.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Thank you!!!!! And while we love Perine, look at the difference in having a top RB behind a bad line and a solid back behind a bad line in comparison to Cam Akers. Akers and FSU OL is bad but he still made something out of nothing and Perine on the other hand, he just...isn't as talented as Akers and it showed this season. That's why I be trying to tell people that yes you can have any RB produce solid numbers if you have a competent OL, it's just that the GREAT backs take it to the next level.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. antny1

antny1 All American

Dec 3, 2019
    Facebook rumor claims insider says Gibbs is OSU or Georgia and Henderson is currently a Clemson lean but open. Also claims Smith is almost a certain flip and that Harris looks good to ud as well. Who knows if true but it's all speculation any way. Just thought id mention it since a lot of the other stuff outside seemed consistent with what has been mentioned here outside of the Gibbs stuff.

10. sqgator

sqgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Gibbs set up OV to OSU, UF, and GT, no mention of Georgia yet, interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I have no faith in us getting Gibbs and i'd LOVE to be wrong in this situation and we end up with him

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sqgator

sqgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007

Neither do I. I think he is heading to OSU.

Would be major coups if we turn both Smith from Alabama and Harris from Texas A&M.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    We could have had the all world super recruiter that went to PSU still here and we still wouldn't have gotten Chaney or Knighton. Some kids just don't want to come here or want to go to a different school. Ridiculous that so many blame Knox for these problems. If he was the problem, he would be gone. DM ain't stupid like Chump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Some kids don't like UF. Having the greatest recruiter ever as RB coach isn't going to change that.

15. sqgator

sqgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Still bizarre to getting shutout on so many RBs tho.

16. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Heck of a sales job.

17. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    We've got one, maybe 2 spots for RB and recruiting/ed like 8 guys. We were bound to get nearly "shutout". Just because we recruited guys didn't mean they were seriously considering us. Bowman's mom likely on the take by CU so that's not our fault. EJ in Texas with sister at A&M and little ties to UF except for his dad having played here who doesn't seem to be particularly fond of UF. Knighton and Chaney from south Florida and possibly grew up hating UF. In on Gibbs late and he's a Georgia kid who has no ties to UF. Marks also a Georgia kid who has been committed to MSU. Parrish will likely sign with us even though we slow played him. Something happened with Lee but I'm not sure what. I have a feeling we cooled on him for some reason but don't know for sure. Sometimes circumstances conspire against you and it doesn't help that there is so much speculation out there on the web with tons of misinformation. Now I will speculate :D that DM and staff thought they had Bowman in the bag last year and maybe didn't focus on other backs as much as usual. Then when CU made the offer to his mom that she couldn't refuse and we couldn't match, they had to scramble.

18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Knighton or Chaney arent the only ones we've whiffed on....

19. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Who have we whiffed on that wasn't a long shot or parent on the take? Lee? EJ and the Georgia kids were long shots. The only reason EJ even considered us was cuz his dad went here. I'd bet a lot of money that Bowman's mom is on the take.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. awells05

awells05 Junior

Apr 23, 2009
    Vero Beach, Florida
    Lol would you want to run behind our line? Let's be honest it has not been a fun year for the running backs.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.