Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New Offer alert- Jaylin White RB: Dothan, Alabama

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by shane4three, May 21, 2020.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Really high on this kid, has produced and has the film to show for it. Only knock is the size (5’11 185)..however, this kid runs through contact and has the ability to make defenders miss. Think he is still severely underrated from an offer list standpoint (only 12 offers listed, but has Bama, FSU, arky & a few other SEC schools) but we can use this to our advantage, FSU was considered the “leader” a while ago but he hasn’t pulled the trigger meaning he is wide open. He is ranked as the 12th best RB in the country and I agree due to his upside overall. I think the staff should press he and Cooley as the top RB prospects on the board.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    UF seems to not lock in on whom they want. It is frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    I read where this guy averaged over 300 yards per game.

4. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    Wasn't the leading ball carrier for this team last year, ran for 663 yards averaging about 8 carries a game for a 10.5 yard average per carry. The kid that got most of the carries last year has graduated, meaning White should at the very least double up on the number of carries he got last year. His Hudl page has almost 18,000 views, so I really don't see him as a unknown like the kid from Buchholz who didn't even have 1800 views. White list the following personal stats about himself:
    • Height & Weight:
      6'0" 190lbs

• 40 Yard Dash:

• Bench:

• 185 Bench (Reps):

• 100 Meter Dash:

• Squat(LBS):

• Like Like x 1
  5. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    You are correct sir, It was posted on the inside board and there is another Jalen White (different spelling) with good stats but ranked much lower. I should have verified before posting as fact.

6. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    Jalen White was the leading rusher in the Nation last year and signed with Ga Southern.

7. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Jaylin White has put us in his top 5..saying “Texas A&M, LSU, Nebraska, South Carolina, FSU, & Penn State” are recruiting him the hardest. He only has offers from 4 of the 6 schools he listed so his top 5 sounds like- A&M, USC, FSU, PSU & UF. Really like our chances here & he has family in Florida which is a major advantage for us. Honestly I’d like to add he & Cooley if we have enough spots. He plans on visiting the campus once visits are allowed again so look for the staff to prioritize White/Cooley to gain at least one RB commit in this class.

8. supduc

supduc Freshman

Nov 30, 2016
    It's so frustrating to read that article and hear Knox "Doesn't usually offer without seeing in person ".

He should be offering like the rest of schools. Determine if he's an actual take after you get him on campus if you have to.

The kid is a RB in the Top247 composite rankings, there's not a single damn reason why Knox should've held off to offer him until he's less than 6mos out from signing day and put us late on the kid's radar when he's been employed here going on 3 years now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. r0r080

r0r080 Junior

Jul 31, 2019
    When I was still living in Athens during the Mark Richt era, my line of work allowed me to see some of the indirect methods of recruiting employed by UGA. I know UGA would send out questioners to every HS football coach in the SE, asking each coach to identify players with potential D-1 talent by position, jersey #, basic size info, and finally graduating year. I'd see these come back via USPS Business Reply Mail "BRM" addressed to the generic Athletic dept PO box. This allowed an over view of perspective talent based on someone that should know.....the kid's HS football coach. These things came in by the hundreds each day at different points of the year, filled out by these kids HS coach I didn't see anything ingenious about this, but just some of the initial ground work required to begin developing a list of players the coaching staff would have potential interest in. Surely the Gators recruiting department has staff that begins early putting together list of potential targets, surely they have staff that does initial evaluations that would require going to games, going to practices, watching film etc...... to develop lists for the actual coaching staff to zero in on personally for evaluation. I guess my question isn't so much on Knox not having this kid on his radar until 6 months out, but what kind of actual recruiting system is built into evaluating talent in say Alabama by the Gator athletic department or anywhere else outside of Florida? Surely they aren't putting most of their recruiting budget into the camps exclusively?

10. candymanfromgc

Apr 3, 2007
    No, they identify them and start sending letters out as early as 9th grade. Then you begin to evaluate and invite to camps. After all that most schools will comprise what we call a board. Sometimes a kid may be # 1 on say UF's board but lower on say FAUs board because they doubt they can get the kid over UF. UF could rank a guy really high in Ohio, but then find out he has strong ties to OSU or another Big 10 team and place him lower on the board but continue with contact in case the kid shows a lot of interest. The intricacies get complicated as well, when you consider this staff does their own evaluations and does not give a damn where 247 or espn rates the kid. Then you throw in character, academics etc.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    White's film is really good.

Any chance we would take Cooley and White?

I didn't think we would take a second QB but after hearing the analysis, it makes sense. It probably makes sense to take two RBs too.

Candy - are you able to share your thoughts on how we use the last 5-7 scholarships?

12. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    :devil::devil:

13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I can’t see any of candy posts anymore for some reason