Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New Movie Thread

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by insuragator, May 20, 2018.

1. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    I saw Tag and Uncle Drew this weekend. Both were very good and very entertaining.

Tag - I literally laughed out VERY loud probably 4 or 5 times. The rest was pretty funny too. Great casting on this one.

Uncle Drew - Funny, nostalgic, good story. It had it's corny moments, but if you are a basketball fan you will like this movie. I think it might get nominated for some awards. Makeup could be the favorite for that. Stay for the credits.

2. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Liked Solo but it was toooooo dark in some scenes. A little more lighting would have helped.

3. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Watched Unsane last night. Pretty interesting and entertaining. Kind of scary/freaky Psychological thriller. Great cameo which I won't spoil.

Saw Blockers. It was entertaining. Had some funny parts, but I thought it would be be funnier. Good story. Worth a rental.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Anyone seen Hereditary?

5. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Watched Molly's Game over the weekend. Excellent movie. Jessica Chastain was great. Kevin Costner was really good in a limited role. Pretty good story, which is based on a true story. If you like poker you will really like this movie. You can still enjoy it even if you don't because they do a good job explaining. Highly recommend it.

6. gator_lyn

gator_lyn Junior

Oct 28, 2017
    I just saw Ready Player One and I have to say it’s my favorite movie of the year so far.

• Like Like x 1
  7. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    I was pretty let down by it. It left out a major plot line of the book that really explains the urgency of the game, beyond the potential commercialization of the platform.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Perfect reason why we shouldn't read the books :)

• Funny Funny x 1