Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New Gators Football Analyst ⋆ Tyson Summers

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by thatguy, Apr 9, 2021.

1. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    But does he know what a midline is? :emoji_thinking:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    And then lost 3 of the last 4 to end up out of the top 10? Sound familiar?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

From you all this whining sounds familiar. Too familiar

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    A poster was using incorrect information, let's not get upset about the facts.

5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

you do realize that probably 90% of what you post is dissing either our coaches or our team, right?

6. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    Incorrect. I dont come on here to complain. But I'm also not going to jump on the excuses bandwagon. I corrected some wrong information in this thread.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What are you basing that on? I suppose maybe we will catch up. We should. But at present we aren't trending well. I'm not making that up. ESD is on eight months and we are 25th. No doubt we can make it up if we have a great season and the staff connects.

I realize that we are TE U but gosh durnit, two more TEs? I really don't care if one projects to be an OT... that's just a projection. My recommendation is to save my comments so that when our two TEs become all world all SEC you can remind me I was of so little faith.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    CU Buffs football 2020 season review: Defense – The Denver Post

Here is a DC from a major D1 program joining the fold. Charlie Strong was an OC who went to Bama as ... an analyst just like
    TS. So IMHO getting guys like this helps.

On his watch CU led the Pac-12 in third-down defense (31.76 percent) and was third in the red zone (80 percent). The Buffs also led the Pac-12 and finished seventh nationally with 8.17 tackles for loss per game. ***This guy was the architect of that defense. ****

If Charlie Strong had those stats last season, we would be shooting off fireworks at BHG to celebrate this analyst hire.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    So the fact that they went from unranked to 1st in the nation in 5 weeks , faster than anyone in the history of the AP polls in incorrect info? Or what about the fact they beat 3 SEC west foes ranked 8, 6th(or 5th can't remember) , and 2nd nationally in consecutive weeks? . Or does it just not fit your narrative. The fact that they lost more on the back end doesn't change anything as I never said they finished the season on top I simply stated facts and noted that Dan Mullen got miss St. Their only #1 ranking in football they ever had that I can remember. And let's not forget he did that with a celler dweller of our conference. You probably won't ever see another coach be more successful at that school than he was.
    For some reason this gif is how I see you responding.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Really you just told me how that Info actually just wasn't good enough because basically he still lost to Bama and didnt win a championship with Miss St.. because I never said anything about the back end of the season but you felt the need to add that.... why to show how much CDM isn't a good coach? I'm kinda confused on your angle here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I dont have a narrative. Go back and read my first post. I didn't mention the ranking, you got that part right. I simply relayed some correct info that you wrote incorrectly. I also mentioned that the 3 top10 teams miss st beat finished at 8-5, so those teams might have been overrated early in the season.

12. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    You moved the goalposts. You want to say how impressive it was to get msu to #1 fine. That's not It was nice, but it didn't last. Mullen is a great coach, but does it really matter if he got a team to #1 and then it fell apart? Not to me. Nice, sure. But not that solid to me.

13. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    That depends on which team he got to number #1. How many teams and coaches have been in the number 1# spot since the polls? A lot right? Sure . You got the USC'S, PSU'S, OSU'S, FSU'S, UM's, UF's, the Bama's, Clemson etc you get it, and some of those teams had different coaches take them back to number 1. Now with that said how many times and how many coaches have taken MISS St. to #1 and how many times has that happened? I'll wait........

So to say that something that was done for the 1st time and even broke records on its way to doing it with a coach who is the only one to accomplish that at a school that's been around over 80 years is not impressive is silly..... but it's your opinion. Even if it does sound like your grasping for straws in order to trash mullen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I guess I'm not into that moral victory, but that doesn't mean I'm trashing Mullen. The only thing I've said about him is he is a great coach. How am I trashing him?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Let me rephrase that, what you're basically doing is countering every praise or great achievement with your reason why he shouldn't get said praise or that it wasn't much of an achievement. Idk , you can call it what you want but it's not coming across like you think it is.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    Every praise or great achievement? It's one - a mid-season ranking. I said it's nice, but not for me. It's like praising a coach for playing bama tough. It's great, but in the tangible world, does it really matter? Had you not said he beat bama initially I wouldn't have even entered this thread. You literally edited that post but kept in that he beat bama.

17. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    I corrected the error when you brought it up as to correctly relay what the article I was reading stated. I even posted a copy and paste of the exact article for clarification, I'm trying to figure out all the criticism of Mullen. You said his '14 team lost the last however many games to end the season..... sound familiar? " to me you were insinuating CDM has a trend of doing that but while here at UF he's kept his loss record pretty low aside from the Covid season, which is a wonder that we even played as many games as we did. Our program has been on a steady rise in direction since he got here so maybe it's just me but I can't find a whole lot to gripe about other than the sake of just griping.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    I think folks get too sensitive on both sides. I said sound familiar because he literally did it this year. With a roster that most think was playoff caliber. Everyone played a covid season, that's not criticism. Theres not "all this criticism " from me, but everything hasn't been roses either. Our program has been on a steady rise, that's great, I love it. But I guess I have a different opinion on griping.

19. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    No worries, we are Essentially just highlighting to opposite ends of the spectrum you are talking about all the negatives, and IM highlighting the positives ,cool, every message board needs a Ying and a Yang that's what keeps it interesting..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. thatguy

thatguy Moderator VIP Member

Oct 2, 2020
    Tallahassee, FL
    • Like Like x 1