Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New forum style questions/issues thread

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by solari, Jun 29, 2018.

1. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Ray-this is not about the new forum, but since we are starting anew could we start enforcing the no F-word rule again. I'm no prude, but this site is above that. Thanks

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    We have always enforced that one.

If a moderator has missed it, please report the post it is in, we will take care of it per our rules.

3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator All Along The Watchtower Moderator VIP Member

Man! To try to fit all of that in a mobile, or even a tablet, you'ld robably need to insert something like a DHTML "slider tab" on the right side of the screen, that, when the tab is touched, would produce a "sliding window" that will show previous messages, Users active, etc. then slide back and disappear.

4. Gat0r

Gat0r 10S-NE1 VIP Member

Apr 20, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    All I'd like to see is the margins fixed on computers!!

5. gator1996

gator1996 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What’s up with these ads that are in between posts on a thread? Super annoying!!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    You know just like I posted on the other “ads”, thread I saw I’m getting happening right on here right now. Bigand I mean big, open areas between each posts on this thread itself.

Like on this page ar most I see I have 5 posts in a row then a big blank area. No lines on the side etc just open area. Now also right on here I have one post by itself to read then the big open area again. Funny thing is I’ve sort of gotten use to the big, about 2 inches or so, up and down each side of the posts. But it’s like that big blank areas up and down each side have invaded into, between the various posts themselves.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  7. solari

solari GC Janitor GC Staff

I noticed those ads and there's not supposed to be that many. I've asked our ad guy to check into this and see what the deal is.

Ray

8. solari

Okay, we think we found the problem. Google has a new setting called "Automatic Ads" which was somehow defaulted to "on" so we just turned it off and hopefully it will clear things up. It was noted it may take 24 hours to clear out so I appreciate your patience.

Ray

9. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015

I suspect you have some sort of adblock running that is working on the in thread ads but not the header ads.

10. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    I don’t know. Stuff like that is always put on by a very young kid for me. If they say I need something, of course I pay attention. And they will take care of it.

11. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    I am in the same boat. I typically think I should know this stuff and spend some time trying to figure it out . Then I give up ask one of my sons and they take care of it in about 30 seconds. lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    Dont know if it worked but the problem has disappeared. Now though I dont automatically go to the first unread post. I probably turned that off. Lets see if I can figure out what I screwed up in settings.

13. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Damn the torpedoes! Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    Looks like it got fixed over night. Looks great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    Are smiley faces no longer allowed in a post? They seem to get stripped out. :)
    Colon CloseParenthesis

15. solari

:mad::p:emoji_dog::emoji_dolphin::emoji_duck:'

Looks ok?

16. johnny_cakes

johnny_cakes All American

Apr 2, 2017
    KSP Stadium
    :)

I would swear this didn't work yesterday -- in fact I included it on my post above and it was just stripped out, but today it appears!

Maybe its magic!

• Funny Funny x 1