Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New evidence supporting credibility of Tara Reade's allegation against Joe Biden emerges

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Apr 24, 2020.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The intimate details of the attack, including the attacker's identity and exactly what happened have been consistent parts of Dr. Ford's story. The dates have been fuzzy, but that's not inconsistent with someone who undergoes a traumatic event and later tries to recall it decades later.

McNally says this would explain why Ford says she remembers what happened during the alleged assault but she can't remember the date of the party or its location.

"They were forgotten because they were never encoded," says McNally. "When somebody has an experience such as this, they're not necessarily saying, 'I better get down the address.' They're preoccupied with trying to escape this terrifying experience."

Also, "people in general are not good about dating events, whether they're traumatic events or nontraumatic events," he adds. Unless there are other clues to the date, most people tend to forget when something happened.
    In other words, not remembering the exact year at first does not completely discredit Dr. Ford's story. And the fact that she could pinpoint the year after receiving additional clues, such as Kavanaugh's age, is also consistent with many other people attempting to remember dates of traumatic events.j

Unless you have an eidetic memory, think about your past experiences. Can you pinpoint exactly what year each event happened without any other clues? Some yes, but some, likely no.

Again, the Ms. Reade story is already a year old. The story has changed several times already and Ms. Reade herself has a checkered past that calls her credibility into question. The latest corroborating evidence, the Larry King tape, also came out during a week when thousands of Americans died from COVID-19 and our illustrious President asked about injecting disinfectants and UV light to fight off the disease. Ms. Reade and her story is getting press, but it's not front page headlines, all things considered.

And perhaps there are journalists chasing the story, but they are finding the holes in Ms. Reade's account too great and worry that if they do a report, they will be seen in as bad a light as MSNBC was after they aired the bat guano crazy Swetnick interview.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    This sounds like something Trump would say (because he's a narcissist). It wasn't about Trump. The Clarence Thomas hearings weren't about Bush I either.

3. coleg

coleg All American

Sep 5, 2011
    Perhaps you are unaware that with Democratic candidates, the campaign managers, advisors, donors and handlers are not placed on the Cabinet, heads of CIA, NSI, etc. These positions seem to be up for highest bid with the Republicans: hence the embarrassing lack of leadership and undue job turnover due to glaring incompetence, and questionable ethics. My opinion of course, and I could be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Yet another hole in Reade's story has developed. I hadn't seen this before:
    [​IMG]
    A Bernie Bro "reporter" who has been "advising" Reade throughout this admitted in tweets (he later deleted) that he had consulted with Reade's brother on how to "clarify" his story to the WaPo. Something tells me the same thing happened here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Here's the ABC News article:
    At women’s event, Biden navigates around lingering sexual assault allegation
    ABC News then spoke with Reade’s brother, Collin Moulton, who said his involvement was “relatively peripheral, because we were both adults at the time and living our own lives.” He said he remembered Reade had mentioned experiencing “harassment at work” from Biden during her brief stint in his office. Moulton said he recalled advising his sister to try and push past it, something he later regretted. Moulton initially said he only heard her account of the assault this spring.
    . . .
    In an interview with Business Insider published Monday, a former neighbor of Reade’s, Lynda LaCasse, said Reade shared a similar account when the two were neighbors in California in the mid-1990s. In an interview with ABC News Tuesday, LaCasse said that Reade had called her last month, and reminded her of that long-ago conversation. "Oh yea, I remember that," Lacasse told ABC she had said to Reade. “If you need me to come forward, I will do that."
    (If you read the Business Insider interview that they hid behind a paywall, the neighbor says she had "forgotten" about it before Reade called.)

7. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yea, you certainly could be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Easy....you.

And that Biden is the only true Christian in the race...that will resonate with some folks.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Why didn't Trump release his tax returns after he promised he would? Why is he fighting so hard in court to prevent their release to Congress as required by law? Must be something very horrific and incredibly damning in those returns.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    This is funny. You can’t change the fact the country knows sleepy Joe already thinks he’s sipping margaritas in his lifeguard stand with “Corn Pop”.

Now you can add a corroborated sexual assault claim from a former staffer that’s only gaining steam.

To top it off, all the Clintonistas who drove her campaign off a cliff are now being labeled “competent people” who can serve Joe his lunch through a straw...if they figure out how to remove the wrapping.

That’s quite the winning formula there counselor. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Was my experience that people that refused to provide tax returns knowingly have something to hide or are completely incompetent. Take your pick. It's not even close. Why people refuse to understand or accept that is amazing. Says a lot about them. Because no human could possibly be that stupid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Exactly and much more likely the former rather than the latter. Trump himself may be incompetent but his tax lawyers and accountants are probably both very competent and exceptionally willing to play fast and lose with the law. From Trump's former consigliere.
    Michael Cohen Explains The ‘Real Reason’ Trump Is Hiding His Tax Returns

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Totally agree. If an average Joe like me can obtain and analyze a set of tax returns as part of a RE transaction while in my 20's, whiskey freaking tango why can't he or his team not do it. Hmmmm.....let me guess. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Sorry but you cannot just wave away the fact that Dr. Ford's original timeline doesn't allow for Kavanaugh to be the attacker. It is a major hole in her account. If you want to say that the facts about the attack didn't change, that is fine but you also have to then extend that same benefit of the doubt to Ms. Reade. The same benefit of doubt could be extended to say that she held off bringing forth her sexual assault allegation after she was threatened last year for just suggesting that Biden made her feel uncomfortable, which was something Biden has admitted to. There are a myriad of reasons Ms Reade could have held off on the sexual assault allegations but taking that as proof that her story doesn't add up is not the the same treatment that Dr. Ford was extended.

I hope you are right that journalists might have learned from the Kavanaugh hearings and from NBC, not MSNBC, airing an interview with Swetnick to be more cautious about how they handle these accusations. I'd like to think that was the case but I think it is more likely they are holding their fire because the accused doesn't have an R after his name.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    So extending the same benefit of the doubt to Ms. Reade, it could be said that Biden's alleged assault caused a similar downward spiral for her. Since she did not come from a family with the same means as Dr. Ford and not having such a significant support structure, she ended up making bad decisions and her life has been much more checkered.

16. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I'm not disagreeing with you here as I think that Trump has been playing fast and loose with his taxes. The question I have is there something that happened with Trump's business in the 2009 and possibly 2010 time frame? You only have to maintain tax records for 7 years. When Trump ran in '16 that would means his tax records would have included 2009 and 2010. Those were very bad years to be in real estate.

17. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    There's a massive difference between substance abuse and having a track record full of fraud and deceit. These sort of cases come down to credibility determinations. When somebody has a track record of dishonesty, deceit, and manipulative behavior when it suits them, it makes it very hard to take their word for it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I’m not disagreeing but you have to admit the difference in background is significant here. Dr. Ford was never going to have financial issues because of the family she came from, where as Ms. Reade did not have the same resources in her family and she was a single mother. If the roles were reversed and Ms. Reade’s family had the same financial resources as Dr. Ford’s, I would agree with you. However that is the not the case. If Dr. Ford had the same issues as Ms. Reade has had and the lack of family financial support, would you change your opinion of Dr. Ford’s allegations?

19. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    If Dr. Ford had a background full of fraud, deceit, and dishonesty, I would not have been inclined to take her word for it. So yes, it would have changed my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Thanks for that response as I think it is helpful in this conversation.

I don’t expect you to agree with this but I think the fact Dr. Ford came from a family of significant means and could afford to attend schools, like UNC, made it easier for networks and publications to believe her. She had the means to attend the right schools and had the right academic credentials. Simply put Dr. Ford would never have been in the position to wonder where the next meal for her family was coming from. Ms. Reade was not in that situation and may have caused her to make very bad choices due to a lack of financial/employment options.

I don’t think that voids Ms. Reade of her checkered past past but it is something to take into account.

• Agree Agree x 1