Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New evidence supporting credibility of Tara Reade's allegation against Joe Biden emerges

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Every word of this. We have a 27 year old allegation with flimsy evidence, and a 30+ year old allegation with (IMO) even flimsier evidence.
    Neither are disqualifying- not even close. (Both because of the age and the lack of evidence.)

This should be apparent to anyone who is fair-minded, but because of partisanship, one or both is used as a hammer on those we don't like.

I guess I have a unique perspective because I thought the Kavanaugh thing was a witch-hunt, but I will be so so so glad to be rid of DJT.
    I wish we had a few more on this board who could see that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    At least you're not shy about voting for nothing...literally.

Just hope he doesn't push the red button thinking it's meant to call the nurse for his sponge bath.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Yes Yes... "Ford was a perfect storm that can never be replicated... so we gave her a standard that has never been applied before and (I claim) will likely not be applied again..."

1. I call BS

2. How convenient... :rolleyes:

4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Okay... Let's treat Biden like we treated Trump...

and maybe start by asking him maybe a single question... :rolleyes:

Also conservatives never said that mere allegations like these should be a disqualifying factor... and they still aren't saying that... While Democrats have... They've claimed for four years that the White House is above that... but now they will turn around and vote for Joe Biden...

Who are the bigger hypocrites, here?

5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    "Nothing" will surround himself with competent, experienced adults and let them do their jobs. I'd much rather have "Nothing" than ignorant, incompetent, and narcissistic. I already know that the current uninformed and incompetent President has dementia. I'll take my chances with his fundamentally decent opponent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Can we please stop typing "compliant" when we mean to type "complaint"? I hope you all will be complaint with my minor compliant.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  7. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Democrats, I guess. But trump has more accusations of sexual assault, so what are you gonna do when there are only two realistic options?

8. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Vote for the candidate that I think will be better for the country...

Again, I'm not the one that's been saying mere sexual assault allegations are disqualifying factor... It's a negative, but not disqualifying...

9. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The Mitchell memo does a good job at poking holes in Ms. Ford's testimony the way a defense attorney would do defending her client. That was basically Ms. Mitchell's job, and she's very good at her job. I'm not saying Dr. Ford's testimony would be enough to convict Kavanaugh. In fact, nobody is saying that.

But the fact remains, the core of Dr. Ford's story has remained the same, which is when she was in high school, she was invited to party with older boys. Two of them then took her upstairs and assaulted her. The fact that she couldn't recall the exact year, decades later, casts some doubt on the story, but doesn't completely discount it either. Memory is a funny thing and Dr. Ford wouldn't be the first person who couldn't remember the exact year of an incident right off the bat, only to narrow the year down later when more clues and context, such as how many years ahead in school Kavanaugh was.

In contrast, the Ms. Reade story has been changed significantly several times. Doesn't mean she isn't telling the truth now, but if Ms. Mitchell were to defend Biden in a similar way she defended Kavanaugh in her memo, the holes Mitchell would poke in Reade's story would be as big, if not bigger than the holes she poked in Dr. Ford's allegation.

10. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    It would be disqualifying for me ... but both have accusations. I wasn't a Biden supporter before, I remember yelling out in 2018 to no one (well probably my wife) that I would never support him unless it was between him and trump, but I'll have to be if it's just these two. I'm not voting 3rd party on principle, even if my favored candidate was on that ticket. Biden would be better for the country, even if his Democratic party principles are stuck in the 1970s. It beats Republican principles stuck in the 1870s.

11. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    If that's what you believe, I encourage you to vote your conscience...

That said, I strongly disagree with your characterization of the Republican Party... but whatevs...

12. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Come on man Why would a woman's brother remember her telling him that a U.S. senator forcibly shoved 2 of his fingers up her vagina? That's the kind of thing that a brother would immediately forget. Now if a woman tells her brother that a U.S. senator touched her neck and shoulders, that's the kind of thing that you never forget.

• Winner Winner x 4
  13. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Sorry but Ford's story as told to her therapist and the Washington Post shows that Kavanaugh could not have been the person who attacked her because he was no longer in high school. There is also the fact that not one person backs up her account that said party took place. These are very big holes in her story and hardly ever discussed in major newspapers and on the major networks.

Does Ms. Reade have holes in her story? Yes. Would Ms. Mitchell be able to shows those holes the same way she did with Dr. Ford? Absolutely. But the point is that the left and most of the major media companies were stumbling all over each other in an effort to hang a halo around Dr. Ford's head but are treating Ms. Reade like she is a whack-a-doo.

14. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Hey, the Republican party was at its strongest in the 1870s. Maybe they cared a little less about net neutrality and Super PACs, but they held the presidency from 1861 to 1885.

15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And that would be Trump? Yep, he's doing a fine job right now, isn't he?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fubar1

fubar1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jacksonville, FL
    The “he will surround himself with competent people” is laughable on its face as some type of substantive reason to vote for a Presidential candidate who’s already in the deep end of dementia and moments away from asking if he’ll still get candy next time he goes to the dentist.

Your definition of “competent” is the same folks who ran Hillary’s campaign and who didn’t have her visit major swing states for weeks before the election.

Real Rhodes Scholars....

17. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    We already have a President in the "deep end of dementia" who doesn't surround himself with competent people. It's an easy choice for me. I'll happily take man who asks for candy at the dentist over man who thinks drinking disinfectant and injecting sunlight are potential cures to a pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Yes... Yes he is...

My biggest criticism of him is that he needs to shut up... But I can live with his mouth...

Biggest winning issue for Biden is likely deficit/debt control...

19. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    So she couldnt' remember the year that it happened. She couldn't remember where it happened. She couldn't remember many other relevant details.
    But she is sure sure sure of the person who did it- even though she had never met him previously? Even though they went to different schools?
    That just doesn't pass the smell test to me.

We had a poster on here earlier (forgot his name) who was from this area of the country...He said he and his family knew a lot of the involved parties.
    Unless he was lying, he stated that Ford was known as a big drinker. (And she amazingly remembers the exact amount of alcohol she had that night- which was very little.)
    He also said that the people who knew Ford didn't believe her.
    Finally, he said that most people he knew thought it sounded liked Kavanaugh's friend was the guilty party. That this would be in line with his character. (Forgot the guy's name.) But not Kavanaugh.

You can take the above as serious as you like- it's all from my memory.
    But what's not in dispute is that Ford's best friend (Keyser) said there was no party summer of 82.
    She said she would remember it, and she does not. In fact, she says that it never took place.
    Here's a column about it...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...12fe9a-df0d-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Cut and paste from above...
    Keyser is the other female student whom Ford named as having been at the small party where Kavanaugh allegedly pinned Ford down on a bed and groped her. She is also the friend who swore under penalty of perjury that she doesn’t recall such a party or, in fact, ever having met Kavanaugh. Her comments echoed those of the other partygoers Ford named, none of whom remembered such a gathering.

This isn’t what places Keyser on the heroes’ roster. What earns her that distinction is her steadfastness, at great personal suffering, in refusing to change her story despite what she describes as pressure to rethink her initial statement.

In fact, Keyser remembers very well the summer of 1982, when Ford believes the alleged incident occurred. It was the year after her grandmother introduced her to golf and Keyser became consumed with the sport, according to another book published this past summer, “Justice on Trial: The Kavanaugh Confirmation and the Future of the Supreme Court,” by Mollie Hemingway and Carrie Severino. Keyser worked full-time in the golf pro shop at a Washington-area country club and had little time for socializing. Her hard work at school and in sports paid off with stellar grades, seven varsity letters and acceptance to the University of Virginia, followed by a professional golfing career and a coaching position at Georgetown University.

As I said above- this was a witch hunt because the Democrats used it as a tool to bash Trump. In other words, Trump was on trial.
    They couldn't get to Trump, so they used this. It was ridiculous.

Having said all that, the thing with Biden does not disqualify him in my eyes. Im sure DJT has done far worse.
    I just hate the hypocrisy and lack of clear thinking because of the color of the jersey each side wears.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    This is awfully convenient. So Ford is lying, there was no party, it never happened . . . but if it did, it was Mark Judge, not Kavanaugh? Covering all the bases there, eh?

Ford admitted she became a big drinker after it happened. That's fairly common following a traumatic event.

That's not something you tend to forget. As for memory:
    How Trauma Affects Memory: Scientists Weigh In On The Kavanaugh Hearing