Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New Coaches on Defensive staff

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, Jan 7, 2021.

1. cubangator

cubangator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 8, 2017
    If it’s between Ash or Strong also known as weak in the football cycles for his teams having bad defenses the choice will be Ash.

2. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the bug crawled up your butt. All I'm saying is if Dan wants him at DC all he has to do is make him asstHC/DC. Just because he is asst HC one year doesn't mean he can't be DC the next. That way your dream won't be shattered

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Supreme Commander of Defense..no other school has that position. Im on board...great name.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Ahhh
    Pretty sure that’s what I was saying. It was a rhetorical question and sarcasm when I said I guess he couldn’t be dc the next year if he is the Asst HC. That’s why I said his title makes no difference at all in the big scheme of things.

5. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Legend

Nov 30, 2016
    I believe Nick already has that title. The DCs there just plug in and run his D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lerxst6

lerxst6 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Naples
    So is someone going to be the Assistant Defensive Coordinator?

Or the Assistant to the Defensive Coordinator?

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. digitalwangsta

digitalwangsta Sophomore

Dec 5, 2020
    Do we have a Chief of Staff like Auburn and Miami does?

8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Borders

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I’m waiting for our Vice Admiral to be announced

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    It does in terms of rank on the staff

11. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    He’s the redundant commander of the redundancy Dept

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Yes but not in the point I was making. No matter what title he is given he can slide into DC next year and TG can go his merry way...

• Like Like x 2
  13. GatorNavy

GatorNavy Semper Fi Moderator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Space Coast
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Hall of Fame

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

I don't believe that source broke anything. If it is who I think you're referring to, it appears they view boards like this and wait for someone to post something useful then run with it.

15. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Hall of Fame

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    I have noticed the directory put both English and Gray back on the page. Dag gum Administrative people probably in trouble for leaks

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    As the supreme leader of defense maybe you could wear a black cloak like Lord Palpatine on the sideline which would be a nice ensemble given Mullen wearing the Darth Vader helmet. Grantham will be forced to lay on his gut and be Jabba the Hutt.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. gator4ever39

gator4ever39 Junior

Feb 2, 2008
    Sun valley idaho
    Lol. I needed that this morning

18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

This disrespectful Grantham bashing has gone beyond ridiculous. Y’all act like you’re more knowledgeable and qualified to run a defense than 2 veterans with decades of experience between them.

Consider one year ago, when we had Zuniga and Greenard part time and one solid DB - and zero ground game to control possession of the ball. We lost 2 games to better teams, one of which went undefeated and won the NC. Respectable performance given our severe limitations — Same DC.

This year we have no Zuniga, no Greenard, our best DB was a raw #5, and the defense had essentially zero contact practice reps. And an all-SEC schedule which included the best team in the country and 2 others in the top 5. One could argue that 2 of our losses were due to brain farts on offense. Did our defense suck? Yes it did, but y’all are acting like we had a team full of Jarrad Davises and CJGs and VHIIIs — we had none of those guys. And in your ignorance you bitch and whine about soft cushions by inexperienced DBs who would have given up even bigger plays trying to man these guys tight.

This was a weird year with limited practices, schedule shuffling, and a dearth of experienced talent on defense. Add that to the most 1-dimensional offense we’ve had in years that could not run the ball to save their lives and half the line couldn’t pass block either. And you want to just up and fire the DC because we went 8-4 and missed the opportunity to get destroyed by 4 balanced teams who have all been in and out of the NC picture for years. 7 of our players turned their back on the team for the bowl and at least one of them now wants to play in 21 — how screwed up is that? At least most are either Mac or portal guys.

It can be solidly argued that nobody should be fired for their performance in this weird covid season. Not even Muschamp. The players all got a pass on this season, the coaches should get some slack too. This new level of disrespect and even outright hate from a bunch of ignorant blowhards is a new low for Gator Nation. Shut your damn pieholes and let Dan Mullen continue putting this program back in business again. SMDH at you spoiled clueless ingrates.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Come On Man x 2
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  19. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    Look at you. Ruining a perfectly good whining session with logic. Dang man.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Let me counter with the fact we were 1-4 against the decent teams this year and seem to be trending backwards every year in defensive production since TG arrived three years ago. Most CEO's of a company would be seriously concerned if that was the case for their organization and what would give you cause to think next year will be a better product on defense?

• Agree Agree x 2