Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New CDC guidance

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, May 13, 2021.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I fully realize that, which is why I hope there are still efforts to reach poor communities and elderly people that for whatever reason couldn’t reach a vaccination site. Convince those that can be convinced.

But as far as the people who made it some bizarre political sport or who feed the misinformation on the vaccine? F ‘em.

(The saddest thing is Tucker and Trump are reportedly vaccinated, which further adds to their incidious nature).

2. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Honestly, i hear about anti-vaxxers here more than any other source combined. I think the posters here are the one's engaged in 'political sport'.

Further to your narrative, i never heard Trump tell people not to get vaccinated. He encouraged it while he was President, and he encourages the vaccine now.

https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...llowers-to-get-vaccinated-against-coronavirus

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gritty is great

5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You can’t be this delusional. Trump had nothing to do with the actual success of the vaccine. 100% of credit goes to the brilliant scientists who developed the vaccine(s). 0% is earned by Trump. If it were up to Trump we’d all have been rationed “miracle cure” hydroxychloriquin like Brazil and fully opened up last May in the midst of the summer surge, and 1,000,000+ would be dead before the first shot was administered to the public.

I suppose we can be grateful he didn’t somehow hamper vaccine development and distribution. Some “conservative ideologues” might have actually blocked that funding. So sure, Trump gets some modicum of credit for not holding conservative principles. He’s never been shy about spending other people’s money. In this case, it was what was necessary. Americans got the vaccine first by spending that $$$ to hoard them, and that was a good thing. Too bad he was so full of shit about everything else that the actual thing he could have gotten credit for is barely an *, it’s actually kind of bizarre he wouldn’t even do the public service announcements to sell the vaccine to his fans, he just wants the credit without even doing that small thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Hopefully that speaks to the weakness of the Chinese vaccine that they used, and not the Indian variant breaking through.

It’s definitely worth monitoring stuff like this though. My biggest concern is a surge when vaccine immunity starts dwindling. It seems rather inevitable at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Sure he can.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The article didn't mention the type of vaccine used in the Seychelles. From what I could determine it's a vaccine produced by an Indian company under license from AstraZeneca. The AstraZeneca vaccine is similar to the Johnson and Johnson vaccine administered to the NY Yankees. It is notable that six of seven (now 8) Yankee personnel who tested positive for Covid-19 were asymptomatic. If the overwhelming majority of vaccinated residents of the Seychelles were also asymptomatic I wouldn't call that result a failure of vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Governor (D)Roy Cooper just lifted all public mask, crowd, capacity and distancing orders in North Carolina!!!!
    My beard is finally free again ;)!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What some of us would refer to as Darwinism.

11. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    unless the article was updated it did have the vaccines, it was the Chinese one and AZ.

I didn’t post it to fear monger, but all these data points have value.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    I play in two basketball leagues year round, and we have to wear masks. Refs had a real difficult time enforcing it. Most people wear the masks as a chin diaper .

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Party pooper :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Fair. I think people generally, and this is not necessarily a partisan political characteristic, just can't take uncertainty. So-called experts cannot state with perfect certainty that they know everything they need to know right now about a new virus and newly developed vaccines, including what variants could do, so people don't want to rely on expertise at all. Tom Nichols wrote a book about it. But there was no way they could have held out longer politically based upon mere uncertainty

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  15. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Me too, but we're probably going to have to wait for a long time. That dog don't hunt in 'Murica, where ignorance has a viral impact on those who think that protecting the collective is an infringement upon liberty. There's a reason that Asians perform very well in certain academic measures. It has to do with discipline and willingness to learn.

16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I wonder about this. Perhaps many of the anti-vax types have already had Covid (or will soon). If re-infection is uncommon, we might not see a spike resulting from these free passers. That's my hope, at least.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    He probably doesn’t but he will never pass on an opportunity to bash those that don’t share his political beliefs. It not enough that he has a vaccine provided to him free of charge to take if he wishes. He has to denigrate those with very valid reasons for not wanting to take it.

Tell half the story, bend the truth, omit part of a quote to change its meaning. Liberalism at its finest.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    You write that horse crap and then call me delusional.

Did those scientists work for free. Warp Speed removed all risk for the companies buy pre buying vaccines.

TDS is stronger than ever with some people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    I don’t think telling half-truths is unique to liberals.