Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New CDC guidance

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by oragator1, May 13, 2021.

1. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    One best post ever wasn’t enough!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The breakthrough cases are mild or asymptomatic. Those who are unvaccinated who choose to not wear masks do so at their own risks. The rest of us face very low risk of illness or severe illness. That is why I agreed with DeSantis a month or so ago.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    The June transgender population expansion and diversification auto update may take many by surprise.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Overall I am good with this. I have been vaxxed for 2 months. I'm getting tired of having to wear masks in places where it is pointless, and really don't want to have to continue wearing them forever in order to protect d-bags who are scared of the vaccine. I can always choose to avoid overly crowded indoor establishments.

Also it may be better to let disease run its course during the summer when it is warmer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Keep stocked on toilet paper and grocery bags of gas just in case. I think the next issue will be immune busting variants from a large infected population like India. Probably not a big chance it’ll originate here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If you feel uncomfortable, just wear a mask. No one is prohibited from wearing a mask.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm all for mitigation credits. Insurance companies, and for those in the wind pool, all get credits for protections and construction (shutters, how your roof is constructed, etc). I'm all for having some type of tax credit or medicare rebate for vaccinated people. I think as a group vaccinated people will have lower costs to medicare, insurance companies, etc.. than non-vaccinated people.

Best way to do it would be for Biden to support a tax credit/rebate for anyone getting the vaccine.

I just noticed (on the news) that some nursing homes are now giving a 'vaccination bonus'. Since they started this policy their percent of workers who are getting the vaccine increased dramatically

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Well before Covid I saw masks all the time in China and Hong Kong. Just a way of life.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    People have been asking me to put on a mask for decades ...

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. fda92045

fda92045 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2012
    I hope that in the future people will adopt masks when they go in public when they have any type of cold/flu/illness symptoms.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm fully vaccinated as are my wife and son. We're all glad to be able to ditch the mask. Sadly one consequence is that CDC's new guidance will also provide a free pass to the anti-vaxxers, a large percentage of whom are also anti-maskers to also ditch masks.

12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In the case of China the masks are worn as much to filter our particulates from air pollution as to prevent the transmission of infectious illnesses.
    Will air-filtering face masks be the new sunglasses?
    Note: The link predates the Covid-19 pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Does this mean we can pencil you in for an “R” vote in 22?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I can’t speak for everyone but me it’s a “Hell No” to this article

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The vaccine evidence is now overwhelming. If you live in a first world country, have all the (mis)information available to you and still arrive at going with no vax, that is real time Darwinism. Pack the bars! Pack the Churches! Pack the NASCAR tracks! Liberate!

The strong will survive. 10,000s of thousands (or perhaps six figures) of Americans will still sacrifice themselves to the Orange god over the next year, but that’s better than the millions possible before the vaccine, and unfortunately appears to be the best we can do.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And often attributed to them getting better results even at the beginning. Apparently it's a byproduct of SARS

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    You seem to forget that The Orange God you love to hate brought you this experimental vaccine that you are in love with in the first place.

I’ve been in government contracting for close to 30 years and NEVER saw the USG take something from development to distribution in 6 months.

If you are as infatuated with the vaccine as you seem to be you need to thank the Orange god.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    A Van Down By the River
    I hereby give thanks to my Orange God. All hail Gritty!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You seriously think that all the un-vaccinated people are Trump supporters? What about all the african americans who are hesitant to take the vaccine? Regardless of who is vaccinated, if you are vaccinated and you are careful, the odds are heavily in your favor that you won't get Covid, and, if you are one of the few who has a breakthrough case, you should have a much better outcome. FYI, Trump and Melania received their vaccine in January.

• Like Like x 1
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1