Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New Baseball Stadium added link to UF's latest video 9/19/19

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, May 6, 2019.

1. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    This doesn’t look like much progress to me, but since it’s out there I thought I’d post.

Construction Cam is up! Scroll to bottom of this page.

Florida Ballpark

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Gatorgal04

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    There will be work done over the summer, so it’s a good time to start a construction thread. If anyone finds out link to construction cam (assuming they’ll have one eventually), please add.

We’re having a speaker at the Dugout Club meeting tonight who will provide more info. I’ll fill you in later.

• Like Like x 5
  3. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. Must say that the artist's rendition of the stadium really looks sweet. Can't wait for that day when I can roam around the stadium with my daughter checking out all the game views.
    GO GATORS!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gatorgal04

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    Info heard tonight from UAA Rep:

- The stadium will cost $65 Million. $50 Million will be bonded and $15 Million raised right now. No decision on naming yet - assume they're waiting for a big donor.
    - There will be a 360 Deg concourse. Seating will be symmetrical. 4200 reserved chair backs and 700 Club seats. Reserved chair back seats will be a couple of inches wider than the current seats and include cup holders. No more benches. General admission will be grass berms down Right and Left lines. Right side berm will be family friendly with fun zone for kids including wiffle ball field. Left side berm is intended as student area. There will be a public space in the stadium to show off team trophies. Scoreboard to be right/center field - just like at The Mac.
    - 500 parking spots at the stadium. There's another 200 spots in a new Ag lot that is pretty close (closer than Museum garage). Shuttles will run from commuter lot and museum lot. Question was asked will season ticket holders have the option to purchase a parking spot/access to a reserved area. It's being considered.
    - Bullpens will be right/center and left/center field - just past where the grass berms end. We'll all be able to see the activity out there.
    - Gators are moving to 1B dugout. (Section E hecklers will have to consider if they also move).
    - Our team facilities will be behind 1B dugout. Locker room, player's lounge, meeting/media room, training, sports med, equipment and pitching/batting tunnels.
    - Coaches offices/conference rooms will be a level above the team facilities with windows that look out over the park.
    - Visitor's facilities behind 3B dugout. I asked if there was any truth to the rumor (that I just started) they would paint that locker room pink. Unfortunately was told no.
    - Club level will be above and extend all the way around the chair back seating sections. These seats are individual and not suites. There will also be 2 suites - on the 1B side. Club level will have its own entrance, own food & beverage (including beer), TV's and lounge areas like BHG Champion's Club. Seating will be open air and not behind glass. Funny question was asked: Will the restrooms have A/C. Answer - yes on the Club level.
    - Seat prices not determined yet. Some chair backs, and of course all the Club seats, will require a booster fee - which is new for baseball. I'm saving my pennies and if necessary will give up my football ticket.
    - Season ticket holders will be given priority points for number of years they've had tickets. Initial points will determine when you get to log in and choose your seat in the new stadium. Chance to go to the new stadium, walk around, and sit in seats will be summer of 2020. The seat choosing is scheduled for Oct/Nov of 2020. Subsequent points will be added for annual renewals and booster fees paid. Question asked: Would UAA consider providing more priority points to ticket holders who actually attend games? They should have attendance records for at least the past 3-4 years when they started scanning tickets. Rep said he'd take that idea back for consideration.

UAA will send another speaker to a Club meeting in Sept/Oct this year when they have more info on priority points and prices.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Thanks Gal. This is the best info I seen since the new stadium was even thought about.
    I was wondering, did you turned in the list of demands we put together for your seat assignment, internet hard wire, laptop desk and reserved parking?

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. macbgator

macbgator Premium Member

Thanks for the update!!

7. Gatorgal04

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    ;)

8. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    1. No beer tent? - A&M, LSU have one.
    2. No outfield tailgating type area? - Ole Miss, Miss St each do. Arky does as well per my understanding.

The only school that you would want to resemble that has neither is USCe (at least I don’t remember a beer tent!). Their stadium is close enough to walk from downtown bars. The new UF stadium would be a hike.

Love the wiffle ball field idea!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Did you ask about the loge seating you wanted/ need? WiFi ? Power / internet hardwiring at those select seats?

10. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    @Gatorgal04 , did the UAA rep leave contact info? Need @gtj31 to make contact to discuss the beer tent!

Also, any more elaboration on the student berm? Need activities for them. Plaza, area there too for an assortment of different gatherings. That’s where the Office and Fyre themes and other student initiated themes need to occur.

11. Gatorgal04

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    Good questions guys. No loge seating that I know of (which is why I’m aiming for the Club level), although a standing rail has been mentioned. Some of these ideas are still being knocked around, (I believe even the beer tent) but are not yet decided on. Rep did say emphasis will be made to get more students to the games.

Food trucks will be parked in an outfield area, but no mention yet of a “tailgating area”. Remember, Strickland is from Miss St so he understands the draw of that. Wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with something along those lines.

It’s still early in the process.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    While I haven’t been a student in many years, a grassy hill isn’t the most enticing thing to get me to come. Some enhancers might be:

1. Good atmosphere. A&M has the best student section I have seen followed by Ole Miss. A&M gave the students a very tight block and they have a group of “yell leaders” like Section E that everyone copies. Very hard to emulate without being a cult and having a few diehards.

2. Food/drink. Food trucks will be of interest but students are cheap. It will need to be cheap food trucks. $10 lobster roll food trucks might not be of interest. $2 tacos, that might work. Obviously beer.

3. Entertainment. Ole Miss and Miss St have the students in a tailgate type atmosphere. The students are hanging out, partying AND sort of following the game. Permanent games like corn hole might be enticing. “Rent” the bean bags with your student ID. They would be free but you have to check them out.

Lastly, the kids area (completely unrelated to students): Please cover the playground!!!! Neither Ole Miss nor LSU covered their playground and they are right down the LF line. Both can be hit by a long foul ball. Texas A&M’s playground (aside from being a bit too small and crowded) is outstanding. Also, grassy hills for kids to roll down are brilliant. But DON’T have the hill end with a 3’ drop to concrete like Ole Miss and A&M. Just stupidly designed but what else do you expect from Aggie engineers.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. KidProQuo

KidProQuo Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Shula’s (or whatever it will be called in two years) is a half mile away from the new stadium.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I agree with gtj31 on the grassy hills and I'm a little surprised the only GA tickets are on the grass. Looking at the rendering I thought to two side seating areas with the blue tarps would be for GA. I've been planning on getting reserved seats with the new house but feel for all the casual fans that might come on occasion and have to buy reserved to stay off the grass. This might be the case with other SEC venues but losing GA seats to the grass does not remind me of all the great years at the Mac.
    An idea to get students involved is to have campus bus sites designated only for baseball and softball pick ups and drop offs around campus with non stop service. You run 4-5 buses that stop at sorority row, the Florida Museum, Reitz Union, near Turlington Hall, by Florida Gym, the O'Connell Center lot, fraternity row, the law school, and somewhere near Shands. Then you run some student only group promos to ride the bus for the first 5-10 home games or ever Friday night game during the season (free t-shirt, or ball cap, or student only tents on the berm). They've got to get a party atmosphere back if you want more students. Otherwise the grassy areas are going to be just that, grassy areas. Now if you want to improve recruiting and then some you could have free berm access next to the Gator dugout for any girls getting a tan during afternoon games. I realize students get in free but providing special access areas for "special" guests creates more interests.

• Like Like x 6
  15. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Ok @gtj31 and @Matherly87

You guys are getting closer to how to get higher student turnouts—

Beer, tacos, and girls getting a tan—

Keep working!:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Set up a beach volleyball court atop the grassy knoll: beer, bbq, bikinis!

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    You jest but this type of thing is the answer though in my opinion (not worded exactly as you stated). Make the game an experience. It can’t be just about watching 9 vs 9 run around a diamond in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    Great info, appreciate it

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Can we call it something else?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2008
    They have to start thinking outside of the box because if 4 straight Omaha teams didn't bring them out to the yard, it is going to take something above and beyond the game itself (and a "The Office" themed night is not going to cut it).

• Agree Agree x 4