Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

New Bammer QB

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GratorGator, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And they’re all paid…. By their sisters

2. unclerob

unclerob Junior

Aug 14, 2015
    Young looks very poised, accurate and threw it to the right players. I was impressed

3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    After digesting the whole weekend of college football I came to one obvious conclusion. The teams that recruited the best had an easier time reloading talent that knew their schemes the best.

And I still think we will have a great team if we just do one thing... Go more towards the part of the p[lay book that these kids have been practicing since Franks was our QB...

Cole Cubelic and Rodgers said that Mullen has such a huge playbook that he opened up part of the play book that he felt was best for the talent that we had on the team. I found that fact to be interesting. So what I took that to mean is while Bama and UGA were just perfecting their game plans that they're had in place for years we were busy changing this us on the offense. That's like teaching a entirely new offense.

We can't expect our QBs, receivers, running back and O-lineman to look polished with a new offense. That takes time, and Bama is just getting better and better acquainted with their trusted offense, while we're on re-learning mode. UGA ran the same offense and managed to out physical Clemson not of scheme but on sheer talent.

We have no such luxuriant with a new offense. And Bama was Bama becasue their QB new their plays too...

I hope we bring back familiarly to our offense and get better by the time Bama comes to town.

In the end we had 553 total yards or so, which is great and 400 yards + rushing. That's amazing... So we can move the ball and we will get better in the next game. Let's see if our defense can hold up better at the end. Even though I suspect we just let the young players get playing time there... that's fixable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Go2gtr

Go2gtr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Little Manny is not their messiah.

5. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    Beat me to it. :)

6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    New coaches.

New starters.

They looked mid-season dominant and Didn’t miss a beat.

Damn.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. DomiGator

DomiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Talking about evaluation and development of QBs. Many people here think Dan is the best, he's not.

Matt Corral is a much better QB than EJ, yet the 1st thing Dan did after he got his job was to ditch MC and recruited EJ, after 3 years of DEVELOPMENT under the wizard, EJ still looks like a HS QB.

Bama, on the other hand will have the 4th 1st round QB in 2 years

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

You seem to be confusing development with recruiting. The overwhelming majority of Bama first rounders would have ended up there no matter what school they went to.

9. DomiGator

Apr 3, 2007
    You're the one who's confused. I specifically mentioned evaluation. Dan ditched Matt Corral for EJ, thought he could develop EJ into a better QB. He didn't entertain Joe Burrow, thought he could develope FF into a better QB, he favored FF over Trask despite spent endless time with them in the QB room and on practice field...

10. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Its seems many forget that Mullen first visited Justin Fields. He only went after EJ when that didn't pan out.

Recruiting: Mullen reaches out to 2018 class, visits 5* QB Justin Fields - GatorSports.com

11. DomiGator

Apr 3, 2007
    You can vist JF all you want, but first, vist MC and keep him. Mullen is not a good recruiter or evaluator. He's so lucky having Trask and AR fell into his laps. Being a HC for over a decade, he has Dak but no one else.

As No.7 said, Dak probably end up in NFL no matter where he went. He's a 4th rounder anyway.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1