Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Do you consider their anti-zionism to be anti-semitic?

2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Obviously not although to the extent that they support organizations like Hamas and some of them actually do they are unintentionally suicidal.

Last edited: May 16, 2024
  3. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    They are neither. As I understand it (but have not studied it in-depth), They don’t believe the time has come for the Jewish State, according to their reading of the scriptures. They’re not anti-Zionist, because they want a Jewish State, just not the present day Israel. They are not self-loathing, so they are not anti-Semitic. (The are in my opinion, whackadoos, but I guess that’s not your questions).

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. chuikov

chuikov VIP Member

Jan 2, 2021
    And those avoiding death get Trail of Tears to there new home.

5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    It’s kind of wild any of those sorts of ultra-orthodox would live in Israel though - despite its current blasphemous existence (according to them). It isn’t particularly rational.

Makes them seem almost like Israel’s version of anti-govt extremists. Good luck with that I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Aren't all the ultra orthodox over there like welfare queens? You basically get government money to read the torah and stuff instead of working, and until recently you didnt have to sign up for military service either.

7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Some are, some aren't. It's one of the consequences of a parliamentary system based on proportional representation with a large number of parties. In a close election a fringe religious party with a small number of seats in the Knesset can determine the balance of power. In a way it's just as absurd as the American electoral college system in which a relatively small number of voters in a few swing states can determine the presidency.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    shocking and maddening. how one man broke a peace deal and he wasn't even part of either side of the deal

An Egyptian spy single-handedly ruined the Israel-Hamas cease-fire: CNN (msn.com)

An Egyptian spy torpedoed a potential cease-fire deal between Israel and Hamas earlier this month by secretly changing its terms before handing it between the warring sides, CNN reports.

The intelligence official, Ahmed Abdel Khalek, changed the deal after Israel had already agreed to it by adding in more of Hamas' demands to the framework to clinch their approval, according to the report. Abdel Khalek works for Abbas Kamel, according to CNN, who is the head of Egypt's general intelligence service.

One of the biggest points of contention in the deal was a call for "sustainable calm" to be reached in its second phase, according to CNN. Israel is opposed to discussing an end to the war until Hamas is defeated and all of its hostages are freed, the outlet reports.

If it had been passed, the deal could have seen the release of some Israeli hostages and Palestinian prisoners and temporarily paused combat. US officials have pushed for a temporary cease-fire in the hopes that a stop to the fighting could open the possibility to a more lasting peace.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    In case anybody needs any reminders who these college protesters are standing up for.

11. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Why do you think the "college protesters" (an inappropriate conflation) are standing up for the Hamas terrorists shown in that video, let alone any Hamas terrorists?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This may be one explanation.
    https://www.axios.com/2024/02/16/tiktok-news-gen-z-social-media
    • Multiple polls have found TikTok to be the top source of news for Gen Z, and an increasingly popular source for Americans overall.
    • A 2023 Pew survey found that one-third of adults under 30 regularly scroll TikTok for news, up 255% since 2020.
    How Gen Z Gets Their News
    Although they're at the opposite end of the political spectrum, college age supporters of Hamas are as siloed and as willfully ignorant as the red hat wearing supporters of the defeated former president.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And we have admission from a Hamas terrorist. And people wonder why Israel is doing what they are doing. Shit like this is why.

The father and son Hamas rapists - Terrorists describe going house to house carrying out sex attacks and murder: 'One screamed and cried... father raped her then I did then my cousin did then father killed her' | Daily Mail Online

Father-of-seven Radi, a member of the Hamas Security Service, who was captured in March in Gaza, describes how he, his son and other terrorists broke into the Nir Oz kibbutz.

Without any visible sign of remorse he said: 'In each house where we found someone, we either killed them or kidnapped them.'

Pressed further he added: 'In the first house I found a woman and her husband, and we hit them with fire and killed them…they were in their late 40s.'

He then went on to confess how he had raped one woman and said: 'She was screaming, she was crying, I did what I did, I raped her.

15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Israel has identified the bodies,,and bring home, multiple hostages.

Israel has identified over 50 massive tunnels directly into Egypt, thus slowing the flow of terrorists and arms.

Israel has placed more of Gaza under control, all while over 1 million residents were safely evacuated.

Israel has established beyond any doubt that the Hamas reporting of casualties is so far-fetched that calling it fiction is giving it too much credit.

They may be more “isolated” in the minds of many, but its citizens become safer every day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    I will admit that civilians are most likely safer in the short term. But would disagree that the country as a whole is safer in the long term. I can respond in more depth later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    An interesting (and unfortunate) trend indeed. My reason for asking the question to @I_boy had to do with his suggestion that the protesters are supporting Hamas. I don't know enough about the specific protests, but wonder if they aren't more concerned with the citizens of Palestine (i.e. not Hamas).

18. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Does Netanyahu have an exit plan yet? Or is he just (still) killing civilians in order to perpetuate future support for Hamas?

19. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I do not think Netanyahu plans on stepping down so no, he does not have an exit plan.

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Yeah. How difficult it is to please the West in their ivory towers as Israel has faced and fended off existential threats to their existence for as long as they’ve existed.

Every major critic of Israel has no viable alternative where they can live in peace. That’s the problem when there’s no reasonable negotiating partner on the other side of the table, as there hasn’t been for Palestine in any of our lifetimes.

To all of the morons in leadership throughout the West providing cover to Hamas, they should answer the following two questions:
    1) Is Palestine a sovereign nation?
    2) If not, then why is it a problem if Israel occupies it? If it is, then doesn’t Hamas (the governing body of Gaza) have a responsibility to protect its own people rather than willfully destroy them and use them as shields so they can play the victim? Don’t the people of Gaza bear some responsibility in electing Hamas? And doesn’t the government of Gaza bear full responsibility for the war crimes and savagery committed on October 7th?

Enough of this holding Israel to a higher standard.

You can’t on one hand hold Israel to a higher standard under the implication that they’re “the good guys” then on the other claim they’re genocidal monsters no different from their adversaries while ignoring every bit of context explaining the nastiness that is that war.

If the rule of war is that countries can invade you, kidnap your women and children, rape them, kill many, and hold many others as hostages… then hide behind their own civilians forcing a ceasefire without any reasonable endgame offer to end the violence or conflict (color me shocked that the terrorists aren’t reasonable)… then no Western country will ever win another war against the worst humanity has to offer. We have managed to provide the foolproof blueprint for the West to fall.

All they have to do is attack, then hide underneath hospitals and schools. Neither the severity of the provoking attack, nor the existential threat posed matter. All that matters is the “governing body of Gaza” is held accountable for neither the murders, rapes, or kidnappings that they coordinated on Israel nor the deaths of their own civilians that they choose to hide behind… while Israel is held accountable for both the murders, rapes, and kidnappings on their own people in addition to the dead civilians in the Gaza Strip.

I can’t say it enough, but it’s just the worst way of thinking. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. A lot of this line of thought can be motivated by malice, antisemitism, etc. But I like to believe most of this way of thinking in the West (especially in academia) is motivated by this naive belief that people in Gaza think and reason the same way we do. They believe that for them to lash out in such a way implies some sort of monstrous provocation. Because who would otherwise act in such a way? And that is the scary question many on the privileged academic left are too frightened to even consider. The existence of people groomed from birth to be nothing but hateful and evil, preferring death and torture to their greatest enemy to life and prosperity of their own mothers and their own children.

The story of Israel/Palestine is not one of colonialism. It’s not one of forcing people out of their homes and competing for the same land. That’s tangential. It’s about one side of this conflict rejecting every offer to divide the land between the Israelis and the Palestinians over the last 70 years or so. That same side attacking Israel and threatening to wipe them off the face of the planet, then getting their asses kicked by the Israelis, then crying to the West about how mean Israel is.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1