Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Netanyahu tells Israel ‘We are at war’ after Hamas launches an unprecedented attack, killing at leas

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gatorrick22, Oct 7, 2023.

1. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Hamas does not care about the civilians like that. They might as well be ammunition. Every civilian killed is a win for Hamas at this point. I'm not saying Israel should not be fighting, but they should maybe pause and consider the long term ramifications of just bombing Gaza into the stone age.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Land o' Lakes, FL
    I don’t want Gaza bombed into the Stone Age either. I don’t want one more bomb dropped than is absolutely necessary. I hope Israel is as discriminatory and restrained as the tactical situation allows. I want them to get their hostages back, preferably alive; the Hamas fighters killed or captured; and the reconstruction of Gaza to begin as quickly as possible.

• Like Like x 5
  3. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Just call 1-800-Blackrock and kick those nasty thoughts...

4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

So then the US had no reason to enter WWII then? We weren’t invaded. You are just making shit up. Love seeing it. Too funny.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    Uhhhhhhh lol. What planet are you from lmao.
    So first you compared the israel-gaza conlfict to the ukraine-russia war...
    But now you are making comparisons to WW2? Like Pearl Harbor was just a terrorist attack?
    With that kind of fantastical thinking I'm sure you can draw any conclusion you want to and feel right lol.
    Maybe its time to stop drinking amigo - night night

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL. You don't like the comparison because it blows up your whole argument. I guess if you have no response then you claim it's a crazy comparison. Too funny. Back to bashing Israel...

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
  9. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    [​IMG]

10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I see you are trying your best to not have to answer me.

11. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    Answer what? You have not made a cogent argument worthy of response. And I won't respond to you again until you do.

12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL. I get it. You can't answer my reply because if you did it would make your argument look stupid. You argued that Ukraine could defend itself because it was invaded. And no, Ukraine doesn't have a a clear strategic endgame in sight unless you call "hopefully Russia quits" as a goal. Ukraine is just hoping that the US keeps bankrolling Ukraine in perpetuity.

Israel was invaded and attacked on Oct 7th without provocation yet because they are defending themselves you don't like it. The vast majority of Palestinians supported and cheered the Oct 7th massacre yet you are saying they are innocent. They voted Hamas into power and let them stay. Palestinians are so loved in the Middle East that literally no country will take their refuges. Why do you think that is? Plus you are parroting Hamas death numbers as the truth which takes next level stupidity to believe.

13. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    ^ In this post, Ukraine should have an endgame because they invaded Russia, and should plausibly be able to dictate how that conflict ends.

Also, Israel was literally "invaded" as a nation by an enemy army. And now, as they level the entirety of Gaza and cause appx 1.7 million people (80% of the population) to be displaced.....there is no reason for them to have any idea whatsoever on when their troops would return home, what Gaza should then look like, or how this conflict might end.

Because after all, unlike Ukraine, Israel was invaded by an enemy army.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    Yeah I'm still waiting for a cogent argument but I'm not holding my breath.
    And again, it's like any criticism of Israel basically gets you lumped in with terrorists. Is it really crazy for these people to believe I'm rooting for Israel I just want them to approach things smarter, with some kind of long term strategy, which they clearly don't have right now? I can think they are the good guys and still be angry at them.
    I can't comment about the tactical decisions being made on the ground - who knows, maybe the literal only way forward is dropping 300,000 bombs on a tiny area. I doubt it, but I don't have all the info. What I do feel pretty confident about, based on early evidence, is that they are only hurting themselves in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Literally that made zero sense. I'd say do better but we know that isn't happening.

16. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You can't argue my points so you try to reply to a friendly. Lazy. So your solution is for Israel to not retaliate against Hamas because they hide behind human shields who also want to kill all Jews and show overwhelming support to Hamas and the Oct 7th Massacre. If you had a loved one killed on Oct 7th by Hamas I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune. Just because the terrorists are making it extremely hard for the IDF to do their job doesn't mean they should give up and just wait for the next terror attack. Has Israel made mistakes? Yes. Do mistakes result in innocent lives lost? Yes. That's war. It sucks. But make no mistake this was 100% on Hamas just like when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor it wasn't the US's fault for retaliating.

17. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I couldn’t agree with your last two sentences any more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually there has always been a very small segment of ultra Orthodox Jews have opposed the creation of the State of Israel. To anyone actually familiar with the historic background of Zionism their existence shouldn't be surprising at all. According to their interpretation of scripture the coming of the Messiah is a precondition to the creation of a Jewish homeland.
    Anti-Zionism Among Jews
    Jews who criticize or oppose Zionism are usually from fringe Orthodox sects and maintain that Israel can only be regained miraculously. They view the present state as a blasphemous human attempt to usurp God’s role, and many seek to dismantle the secular State of Israel. However, unlike many gentile anti-Zionists, Jewish anti-Zionists usually firmly believe in the Jewish right to the Land of Israel, but only at the future time of redemption. The best-known group of the Jewish religious anti-Zionists is the Neturei Karta.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1