Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Nembhard declares

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by justinwitt07, Apr 26, 2020.

1. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He should do whatever is best for him.

Some of the "geniuses" on this board want him gone.

I guess that I am really stupid.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. GratorGator

GratorGator GC Legend

Nov 14, 2015
    Ditto. I lose interest.

3. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought that you could only "test the waters" one time and return, the second time you can't come back.

4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark. :(

Good luck, Andrew.....however it turns out......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Don't get me started about the "geniuses" on this board.

Did you see all the threads bagging on Todd Grantham last season......some wanting him gone? :rolleyes:

I hate to lose as much as the next person but some people it's like......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    They changed the rule last season. You can return unless you hire a "non-NCAA" agent.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Glover did have a bunch of bad turnovers, but he turned the ball over 1.3 times per game. Taurean Green turned the ball over 1.6 times per game as a freshman. The turnover story is being blown out of proportion. A bigger story in my opinion is that if you knock out the really bad teams that we played last season, we were a .500 team. And that was with a starting lineup of Nembhard, Locke, Lewis, Johnson and Blackshear. I will gladly take my chances with a new point guard running the show.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    I am proud to be one of the geniuses that want AN gone. He was a better player as a senior at Montverde and as a freshman at UF than he was last season. I believe that we have a better chance for Locke, Lewis and Johnson to maximize their talent if we pair them with a point guard who does not control the ball for most of the shot clock.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GatorsGators

GatorsGators All American

Apr 14, 2012
    Wilbekin is a Top 10 player in Europe right now. He's good enough to be on a roster and too good to be on a 2-way contract.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    My guess is that Andrew returns, and that Tre’s career at Florida is finished.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    As long as we don't somehow lose them both, so be it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    I would love to see AN return. If he could get more consistent, would be great from a team chemistry perspective to have him back.

13. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

Perhaps AN would like to move on to where he gets some appreciation from the fans for his efforts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

I was expecting our pace to increase due to the fact that Blackshear is gone, and Johnson and Lewis were both becoming better ballhandlers/passers (Tre and Glover also). White didn't want us running much last season, because we were turning the ball over too much when we did (no fault of AN's btw).

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Blackshear would have been fine, maybe outstanding, in an uptempo offense. I also don't buy the turnover excuse at all. In a running game, AN would have been the outlet receiver. It is possible that White wanted the focus to be on boxing out on the defensive boards because we were undersized. Regardless of whether we had a running game, it was inexcusable to have so many possessions where were were in the last 10 to 15 seconds of the shot clock before we started anything that might lead to a bucket.

16. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

Nothing against Blackshear's capabilities in transition; I agree that he would have been fine. My point in that regard is that I think we might need to run more next season if the half court offense is not as attractive/efficient (and it was fairly efficient according to statistical measures) without having Blackshear.

Regarding my 2nd point, I'm just going off White's comments in that he always stressed that they should be selective and only run when circumstances favored it (and some posters on here have commented about him often yelling for the team to slow it down). And, he mentioned our propensity to turn it over too often when trying to push the pace, which I personally agreed with as many of our players were very shaky in protecting the ball and making good decisions during transition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    You can run the break if you can control the defensive boards, outlet the ball to your point guard, run the floor, and finish at the basket. Corey Brewer was not much of a ballhandler but he was a great finisher on the break even at the NBA level. Lewis, Johnson and Oayne could have been hellacious finishers if we were able to get the ball out on the break. Even without running, we should have moved the ball much better on offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Hence the moniker "The Drunken Dribbler".

Noah was better bringing the ball up the floor.

19. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    Noah and Horford were both outstanding at bringing the ball up court. A lot of the time they would rebound and take off with the ball on a one-man break. Does anyone remember Noah’s steal of a ball from Paul Pierce and his race up court for a dunk in the playoffs against the Celtics?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't watch the NBA.

I did at one time, but no longer. It is a different set of rules depending on how marketable you are. Almost as bad as professional wrestling.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1