Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Neighbor shot/killed because he might be a Democrat.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Nov 8, 2022.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    When people are telling you democrats are satanic baby killers and child pedophile groomers who want to destroy the country you try to hack up the Speaker’s husband or shoot your neighbor apparently.

Nice job.

Ohio man fatally shoots neighbor ‘because he thought he was a Democrat’

A southwest Ohio man shot and killed his neighbor because he believed he was a Democrat.

Austin Gene Gibbs was taken into custody by Butler County sheriff's deputies just before noon Monday after the shooting was reported in Okeana, and investigators found Anthony Lee King dead from multiple gunshot wounds, reported the Journal-News.

“My neighbor just shot my dad,” the victim's son told dispatchers. "[He] has come over multiple times making statements. He’s insane.”

“I look in the backyard and that man is walking away from my husband and my husband is on the ground,” the woman told dispatchers. “He has come over like four times confronting my husband because he thought he was a Democrat, Why, why … Please, I don’t understand.”

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    How horrible, but that is exactly what this country has come to.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

This is terrible, tragic and what our country has sadly become.

That said, I better not see anyone that was celebrating deaths and grave dancing conservatives over vaccines in this thread making generalizations about conservatives.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    smdh, that's the kind of mentality that leads to camps. "better lock them all up so we can be safe". slippery slope.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    yeah because shooting someone for their sneakers or car is so 80s

that said, if all above is accurate I hope the perpetrator gets the chair

6. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    How bizarre man. I guess it is tempting fate to be a democrat with all the deadly republicans around. It’s a dumb as avoiding vaccines apparently. Great point tilly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Not my point city. What he did was egregious and disserves the full extent of the law and then some.

I am just cutting off the inevitable generalized statements in advance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Good luck!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007

Why?

This guy sounds like a typical QNUT and as with most QNUTS it certainly would have been better if COVID got him or he “accidentally” blew his own brains out with his own gun. The reason for the “gravedancing” in those cases you refer to is those people were influencers or caused real societal harm. Seems an odd point to make considering this nutjob just murdered somebody in cold blood… would the world have been a better without the murderous nut jobs or those guiding them… umm… yes. The victims family would certainly agree.

If I’m reading the story correctly, the 26 year old’s father was the getaway driver. That might make for 2 QNUTS involved here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Blame Canada.

12. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Conservatives are always the victims.

Poor guy just wanted to make sure his kid’s schools were free from furries, and randomly killing his neighbor was the only way to prevent that, or something.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. DesertGator

DesertGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Frisco, TX
    Thanks for the earworm ..

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Just one more reason to never put up a political yard sign.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I basically assume anyone with one of those giant Trump flags or F Biden flags is some hate filled potential mass shooter. The only thing stopping them is whether they have something to lose, once they have nothing left to lose you get something like this guy.

These people are not sane. I’m sure there will be some prior warning signs (in this case sounds like he’d visited the neighbors before). Better not be another situation where this guy was baker acted then got his guns back…

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    That's simply bizarre. How can you compare reactions to a someone who spread false information about vaccines that could have led to people not getting vaxxed, then sick and possibly die to ... someone " who might be a Democrat?"

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Generally agree Tilly but not taking a vaccine was a personal decision - sometimes with lethal consequences. Getting shot dead by your neighbor is not

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Especially when you live around deranged righties whose heads are filled with anti-liberal conspiracy theory bs that righty media loves to push. RIP to this guy, hope the murderous righty QAnon scumbag who killed him faces justice. I'm sure he'll have his legal defense paid for by the same contingent who donated to Kyle Rittenhouse's legal funds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    The conservative brain is missing the ability to compare Situation A and Situation B and see the nuanced differences between the two.

• Agree Agree x 3