Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

ncis= abby leaving

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by buckeyegator, May 15, 2018.

1. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    how did they handle it, did they kill her off like kate and ziva, or let her go like tony?

2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator All Along The Watchtower Moderator VIP Member

I dunno, when was it on?, or hasn't it been aired yet?

I can wait a few days, and catch it on my Spectrum "FreePrimetime"

3. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Kate, Director Shepherd, Ziva, Tony & Abby, miss them all and other than Ziva in for Kate have not replaced them with the same level of actors

4. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville
    Trucker said I need to add a ***** SPOILER ALERT *****

Abby was 'randomly' selected to be the recipient of 2 free dinners at a trendy new restaurant. Much jostling among the agents to persuade her to ask one of them to go with her, but she chose the British agent on loan to NCIS. He had told her he wanted to eventually set up a charity in London for needy mothers and children. As they left the restaurant they were both shot, and it initially looked like a mugging gone bad. But clues and the murder of the shooter led them to the person who hired him. It was an escaped convict who had a grudge against Abby for finding the evidence that had convicted him.

The British agent died from his wounds, but Abby made a miraculously fast recovery from death's door and walked out of the hospital. She announced she was leaving NCIS to accompany the Brit's body back to London, then she was staying there to build the charitable agency in honor of him and his deceased mother.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  5. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    well, like tony, that leaves the door open if they want to make guest appearances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. prayingliketebow4life

prayingliketebow4life Freshman

Sep 18, 2017
    Doesn't sound like she wants to go back to the show anytime soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I catch the show on weird occasions. So I am not a fan but I do inhale information. It seems like someone is trying to put out a story that something not nice was going on behind the camera, perhaps sexual in nature. I got bored with the way the info was being trickled out (and I really dont care about the show) If the full story ever comes out, I might be interested in finding out.

8. WhattaGator

There's a whole backstory to this.

Search Google for " Abby leaving NCIS " and you'll find several alarming bits where Abby speaks out about receiving several violent attacks on the sets, or at other places.

I was pretty. shocked to read parts of some of these, and plan to dig a bit deeper.

9. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    The stuff I saw all seemed to be linked to click bait sites. Admittedly, I gave it a very cursory look.

10. WhattaGator

Google NCIS Abby and actually scroll down. It's Still there

11. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    who would have thought david mccallum ,sp?, and mark harmon woul;d last all theses years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WhattaGator

I sure did... Gibbs and Ducky were main characters on there, as was Abby.

I'm surprised that Tony lasted as long as he did.

13. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    It looks like there is a lot of speculation. The internet isnt really the best place to find things that are true. I read 4 stories. One said something dark and possibly criminal was being covered up by a publicity machine. One said Mark Harmon had a vicious dog and when she complained and said its me or the dog. They choise Mark Harmons dog. One said it was time to go.

14. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville
    Note the date on the report linked and copied below.

December 30th, 2017, 11:54 pm
    Is Pauley Perrette leaving ‘NCIS’ because of Mark Harmon's dog?

Rumor has it that Pauley Perrette, who will be leaving NCIS in May decided to do so because of Mark Harmon's dog.
    Harmon rescued a pitbull a few years ago and frequently brings him on set. The pitbull attacked a crew member last year which resulted in him getting 16 stitches, but in the end the crew member was blamed for "playing rough" with the dog.

Perrette felt that after the incident, someone else might get hurt by the dog and shared her concerned with the show bosses, but they sided with Harmon, who is also a producer on the show. So she decided to leave the show. Perrette said her statement when her leaving the show was announced that she decided to leave the show last year, which fits with the timeline of the dog attack.

Perrette would have left last season if producers didn't agree to her terms. She told her bosses that she wouldn't be on set with the dog around since she felt anxious around it around so they separated her and Harmon. They haven't shared a single scene this entire season so far and haven't been on set at the same time.

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    my fav series for years had a great run, spun off some fair to middlin' series but failed to keep up the acting quality as mainstays left, Abby leaving hurts but I think it is just a matter of time before it goes away

16. MtownGator

MtownGator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2012
    Memphis,Tn
    I watch it here and there. She will be missed, but can be replaced I'm sure.
    Her characters personality did fit the job though.
    Just don't take away Bishop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Hard to watch Fez as the new badass.

I left before Abbey

18. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    I think in the last couple of years there were to many characters, seemed best with about 6, including palmer, too many cooks you know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    been watching and enjoying the Abby Marathon, her commentary is interesting, I wonder where she will show up next?

20. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    ncis London??

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1