Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. ATTENTION VIP MEMBERS: Your favorite full color wall calendar with Gator sports schedules is on the way to you in the mail! Expect it in a week or two at most. Questions? Ask here.

NCAA has issued a two-year suspension for LSU DB

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    How'd they keep that secret?

3. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I wonder how he tampered with his sample, and how the NCAA found out?

4. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    The two year suspension seems kind of bogus to me, because they're basically punishing him twice for the same offense.

You can be suspended for a year for giving a fraudulent sample, and you can be suspended for a year for failing to give any sample at all. They are suspending him for two years because they're saying that by giving a fraudulent sample, he effectively failed to give a sample, so they are counting that as two violations instead of one.

From the OP article:
    Seems to me they are double-dipping on the punishment there. It would be kind of like if you submitted a fraudulent tax return, so the IRS rejected it for being fraudulent, and then fined you for submitting a fraudulent return AND fined you again for failing to file your taxes, since the fraudulent return was rejected.

5. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    Was it for grass?

I agree with if it were performance enhancing but not grass.

But Gordo, NCAA means BOGUS nothing they do shocks me any more.

6. GatorToTheEnd

GatorToTheEnd VIP Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Pensacola, Fl
    That's the point, no one knows what he was trying to hide since he submitted a fraudulent sample so he is getting the maximum penalty. I do agree that the double dipping is probably overboard.

7. G. Gordon Gator

May 3, 2017
    Agreed. @NOLAGATOR, I don't know what they were testing him for -- probably everything, PED's as well as recreational drugs -- but what he got gigged for was doing something to the sample to make it unreadable.

Just wildly speculating here, but what he probably did was the oldest and most reliable method in the book for beating a urinalysis test -- you water it down. It's as simple as flushing your system out by drinking as much water as you can hold, then peeing once or twice, then drinking more water before finally peeing in the sample bottle. The urine won't have been in your system long enough to pick up traces of the contaminants they're looking to find.

The problem is, if they're using one of the more advanced and expensive testing systems, it will be able to tell that the urine has been watered down to an unnatural level, and will identify it as a "fraudulent" sample.

8. G. Gordon Gator

May 3, 2017
    There's more details on the story in this longer article here.

Turns out he received a two-year suspension over a year ago, so he has served one season of it already, and they are appealing the second season. He has reportedly been tested again over two dozen times since submitting the "fraudulent" sample in 2016, and has passed every time. Based on that, I say let him go ahead and play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    He would have been better off taking 300K from a booster or raping a woman and having the Tallahassee police department help you cover it up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    Actually, the IRS would do exactly that, penalties and interest for non-payment would likely be assessed.

11. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

They should allow him to play immediately... as long as he transfers to West Virginia.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    It’s an automatic two year suspension at least according to the rules

And if they get time cut off the penalty it will take 3 to 6 months to do it and miss the season anyhow

And to think we almost got him