Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

NCAA Baseball CWS Schedule and Results

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by WESGATORS, Jun 11, 2019.

1. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

There’s got to be volumes of material out there just waiting to be written up on this topic—Great lead @gatorjjh!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Speaking of leading the NCAA in triples. New Mexico State (the only team to finish in the top 3 in triples in each of the past three seasons) finally broke through and led the nation in triples under first-year coach Mike Kirby. How many coaches can put that on their resume? Keep an eye on them, too, going forward.

It's no surprise that their triples star (Joey Ortiz, who set a single-season record for triples hit at NMSU) was drafted in the 4th round.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2008
    Mike Kirby was named coach this week. He deserves zero credit for that incredible feat.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Like I was saying, Brian Green, the new coach of Washington State previously led New Mexico State to 3 consecutive top 3 finishes in triples! Keep an eye on Washington State to make waves going forward. They finished a woeful #158 in triples per game this past season, it will be interesting to see how quickly he can get them turned around.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    maybe he was one of the finalists for the FSU slot, I saw somewhere on the interweb that #11 might step down to get more golfing and river cruising time away from Meat any.... truth to that rumor or just more ESPN speculation?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    • Informative Informative x 1