Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

NCAA Baseball CWS Schedule and Results

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by WESGATORS, Jun 11, 2019.

1. iowagator

iowagator VIP Member

Our next rally cup will look different! It appears the NCAA has switched to Body Armor for beverages.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Congrats to Vandy. Always root for the SEC, unless it’s Georgia.

Corbin a heckuva Coach. Recruits and develops.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    They certainly made most of the "Opportunity"

4. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Did “Meat” win???

I DIDN’T THINK SO.......

:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Meat had the Vandy job lined up before Corbin, but you know it was a stepping stone.

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Vandy winning the CWS is good for college athletics. Congrats to the Commodores on winning their second baseball national championship!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Vanderbilt is the Duke of college baseball. It's a garbage program full of a$$holes who skirt the rules. There's nothing to be happy about in them winning titles.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Don't disagree, but its not Vandys fault anymore than it is lottery states fault. They just do it excess..lol

I don't blame any of them, I just advertise it & hope ncaa fixes it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Is the problem more them skirting the rules or having an unreasonable set of rules to begin with? There are always going to be programs that try to take advantage of existing rules. To me that's not on the programs, that's on the governing body. In other words, if schools don't like what Vanderbilt is doing, sitting around and hoping that they stop isn't going to change anything.

What does Bakich know about the process that he can bring to Michigan? Here's an interesting stat. From 1990 to 2012 (23 seasons), Michigan has won 39 or more games 4 times, 5 NCAA Regional berths, 1 Super. Since 2013 (7 seasons), they have won 39 or more games 3 times, 3 NCAA Regional berths, 1 Super, 1 CWS Championship series. This year is 4th time they've won 50 games, and the first since the 80's.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

12. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Think there is any way ncaa could force a "cap" on aide of any kind per team?

In other words 11.7 , or whatever the number is, is the max aide you get combined,, baseball, financial, etc.

Probably some legal reason they cant Im sure. But not telling kids cant accept aide, just may not be able to play baseball while on that aide.

Ive certainly seen dumber rules from ncaa.

13. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

Nitro—

You know that ol’school saying “There is life after baseball, damn straight, there’s extra innings”.........

This young man has extra innings every day—Tip of the cap to him!

• Like Like x 1
  15. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    Good take, these stories of overcoming some sort of extreme adversity always make it easier to see past the rivalry aspect of the sport. We can't control who wins, so if it's not our GATORS (and most years it won't be) find something positive that you can appreciate.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 1
  16. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Tip of the cap to the Dores but somebody has to tell them that they have some really ugly uniforms.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but anyone know how the east -west(sec) schedules are determined each year?

I assume its some type of rotation, but none I can make sense of.

18. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    It doesn't make sense. Unless there was a change that took place within the last few years, we've been heavy on LSU and MSU (5 out of 7) and light on Ole Miss and A&M (3 out of 7 and 4 out of 7). The only thing that has been consistent is the H/A the next time we face an opponent. And we don't miss an opponent in consecutive years. Since A&M joined the league, we have not faced A&M or Ole Miss in consecutive seasons. We've also had MSU/LSU in consecutive seasons twice.

The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that we'll play @ Arkansas, @ Auburn, and A&M at home. That means either LSU or Ole Miss will be our other home game. We are due to play Ole Miss in consecutive seasons, but We've already done that with LSU and MSU twice, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's LSU.

For AU it should be FLORIDA (H), Kentucky (H), Missouri (A), and either Tennessee (A) or Georgia (A).

With 7 division opponents, over 7 years, you should have played each 4 times, twice at home and twice on the road. But I know, at least in FLORIDA's case, that's not how it has been. I suppose it is possible that you'd have to either bend the H/A alternation or skipping an opponent for more than 1 year to make that work perfectly smooth, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have the SEC identify the pattern so people can know what to expect.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

19. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    You have it figured out more than I do. Only think I was fairly sure of for AU next year, is no Vandy b/c played them last 2 years(2 home sweeps btw) Other 3 AU didn't play previous year.

20. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    yes but they have never led the NCAA in Triples

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1