Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

National Enquire Put Up For Sale while Bezos meets with Prosecutors

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Feb 10, 2019.

1. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    So it's really come to this, claiming the New York Times, Wash Post, etc., are just like the National Enquirer? No difference.
    That's really what some of our citizens have come to?

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    I think you have forgotten/overlooked the Sinclair Broadcast Group. They own 191 TV stations and over 600 channels and definitely lean right.

| The largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today
    Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks. In addition, Sinclair is the leading local news provider in the country,

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Do they own ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, or Univision? I don’t think so.

4. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    No, but they have the largest LOCAL presence of any TV broadcasting company (and force their anchors to read specially prepared conservative opinion pieces prepared by HQ). Its a conservative news outlet and very large.

5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    They own lots of ABC, CBS, AND NBC Affiliates - and force them to air right wing talking points on the local news. They own KOMO here in Seattle and force them to air pro trump stuff even though the KOMO staff knows that hurts their viewership.

Sinclair Broadcast Group - Wikipedia

Sinclair often mandates its stations to air specific reports, segments, and editorials, referred to as "must-runs".[131] The practice has been criticized by some of Sinclair's stations' news staff due to the viewpoints they propagate; in 1996, after CEO David Smith was arrested in a prostitution sting, he ordered Sinclair's Baltimore station WBFF to produce reports on a local drug counseling program as part of his community service sentence. The order was criticized by WBFF reporter LuAnne Canipe.[132] Following the September 11 attacks, Sinclair ordered its stations to read editorials in support of President George W. Bush's response to the attack. The Baltimore Sun reported that WBFF staff internally objected to the editorial, as they felt that the endorsement would "undermine public faith in their political objectivity". The station, however, complied with the mandate.[4][3]

Newsroom employees of KOMO-TV in Seattle told The New York Times they felt the national pieces were low quality, and were too politically skewed for the city's progressive audience. One employee admitted they had tried to reduce their prominence by deliberately scheduling them during lesser-viewed portions of newscasts such as around commercial breaks.[133][2][134] However, in March 2018, KOMO aired a must-run segment during prime time about some Americans' belief in the existence of a deep state in the federal government, a concept Trump has blamed for undermining his presidency.[135]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Absolutely. Just open your eyes and ears at what is going on right now with Virginia. Face The Nation was doing everything they could yesterday to give Northam and Fairfax the benefit of the doubt. Did Brett Kavanaugh get one atomic particle of benefit of the doubt? His accuser couldn’t name the date, place, or time of her allegation and the witnesses that she claimed were there did not remember anything about it.

The media is well over 90% partisan Democrats. Given the way they have covered every single republican since Ike, they have not earned any more respect than I give the National Enquirer.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Well thank God you have the National Enquirer and Pecker to tell you how things really are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I don’t trust any of them

9. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’ll accept the possibility of a persistent subconscious bias among media members, but when we are comparing the NYT to the National Enquirer, I’m off the bus. That’s incredible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007

Yep, beyond any reasonable conversation. Meanwhile, there's this:

WSJ: National Enquirer Publisher Asked DOJ If It Should Register As Saudi Agent

11. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Not to mention rush and virtually all of talk radio.

12. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Unfortunately in my youth, Pecker rarely let me see things how they really were!

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    LMAO!

Shall I open a thread entitled 10,350 ways the MSM tried to influence the election for Shillary?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    By publishing the truth? Did you include giving Trump millions of dollars worth of free air time in the 10,350 ways?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Yeah, the endless reporting on her emails while ignoring Trump’s mob connections was totes helpful to her.

16. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    sure. go ahead.

17. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I used to do the "both sides" thing. I'm done with that until R's come back toward sanity. There is no equivalency for the majority of official R dogma now. Politics may be broken, but I suspect its largely or totally due to the disentegrated right side of the machine.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    Ocasio wants you on her election committee.

What’s the holdup?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    She's already elected, doesn't need me.

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And she will almost certainly be reelected in 2020, pretty much the same way that Jim Jordan's constituents will reelect him.

• Agree Agree x 1