Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Naheem McLeod

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by Gatorhead, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Good grief,
    I just found out this kid from Plymouth Whitemarsh (Philadelphia, PA area)
    signed with the Noles. 7'-3" rated 35th best center.

Forgive me if it's old news to you guys (I don't really follow FSU bb recruiting) but
    DAMN - How many freakin 7' players has Hamilton signed in the last few years?

I only bring it up cause the kid is near me and it just seems unimaginable that
    Hamilton can recruit so many big's and we can't get any.

Kid dropped in 41 last night in local action.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    $$$ perhaps?

3. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    And none of those bigs ever develop. Frustrating that we can't sign anyone over 6'9 with good knees.

4. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He also signed a 7 footer from Montverde who is a very good player.

5. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    So what do they have - a point guard and 4 players over 7' ? LOL
    I kid of course but they have incredible size.

6. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Reminds me of an oldie from 1951:

It's Ain't the Meat, It's the Motion.

7. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Well balanced classes are important in both football and basketball. Can’t win without them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    LH has never had an issue recruiting...it's the other part of being a coach that has hampered him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I guess it is possible the Noles could make some noise this year, they beat cuse last night. But as had been mentioned many times they don’t seem to be well coached in the dance.

Still remember the crazy interview Hamilton had after last years elimination

10. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Last time I pulled for FSU in the tourney was when they lost to Walton / UCLA in a surprisingly close game in the 70’s

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Easy to score 41 off mostly dunks when you're a foot taller than everyone else. Kid looks super awkward. Hamilton can have him. Would rather have a skilled 6'8 kid.

12. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Forget the interview . . . how about the mindless end of the game?? It was one of the more bizarre endings ive seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Coached by Hugh Durham I do believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    For the most part, they do take alot of 7'+ "stiffs" and hope 1 of them develops. Not necessarily a great strategy. But it still resulted in a look of "men against boys" when we played them this year. There is no denying we are a very small team.

Don't need a 7'3" guy though necessarily. But we certainly need a Patrick Young or an Egbunu. Someone more solidly built to play the C and at least lock that one spot down on the defensive boards. Someone that can also perhaps command a double team on offense. When you are undersized at the 5 that really changes quite a bit on both ends.

I actually thought we were recruiting some big guards and that would offset that a bit. But it really doesn't matter, if you are small at the 5 it puts pressure on other positions. Plus, now that Stone is done we are actually playing small ball at the 4 too... we are now at the point where we are basically playing guards at the 4 (Hudson, Johnson). Our front-court is outmatched against almost every opponent we play. That wears on a team.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    It's a domino effect really. Size down low allows your guards to just be guards on both ends. Ours are using so much energy fighting down low to compensate for our lack of size that they've got a worn down body and shot by the last lap. This small ball thing we've been attempting for the last two years might work in some mid-major conference but we're never going to be able to get into the tournament playing against SEC size. And the excuse is always "but injuries....." as if the Stokes or Gak injuries were a real setback to our plans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    What I really don't understand is why, since we have a plethora of guards, we don't run a similar style to what Villanova used to do? Seems like we might be able to wear down other teams with a lot of big guys that can't run....but instead we let teams sag back into a 1/2 court energy saving zone. Just don't understand the thinking on this.

17. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    That Villanova team was the best college team in the modern era imo. Every team wants to run their style but very few can, especially not this group. There's Nembhard who isn't beating anyone down the court, Locke who isn't comfortable bringing the ball up, and Allen who is also uncomfortable leading a break. So that's 2 spot-up shooters and a slow PG. We've got a ways to go.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    2007 was not in the modern era?

19. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    And then showered immediately after.[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. wingtee