Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

My opinion

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Ufgator03, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:34 PM.

1. Ufgator03

Ufgator03 Recruit

Nov 9, 2013
    Hey y'all. It's been a minute for me posting, but this is what I'd like to see happen. I live in VaTech territory, so I hear criticism on the daily being a Gator alum/fan.. especially with Knoxville being a couple hours away. I'd like to see the staff recruit Va more... especially Richmond to Tidewater. There's soooo much talent here. Jalon Jones is a legit 5*. His arm & legs is for real against legit competition. I've seen him in person, & he is LEGIT. Don't be surprised if he jumps Emory...My opinion only. Look at some of the past recruits...Micheal Vick, Ronald Curry, Kam Chancellor, Fuller brothers, Percy Harvin...etc.. There's talent here & I think Coach Gray knows what to do. He'll be in CDM & CTG ears. Keontae Jenkins, Malcome Greene, Nehki Meredith etc...check out some clips from them. I'm very sick and tired of PSU grabbing recruits....& Thank you Candy for all you do here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Locksley will make it tougher up there...but live cherry picking a guy from there every now and then

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The Virginia area is one of the most underrated places to recruit in the nation... Virginia, Maryland and the D.C. area are great places to find good football talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ufgator03

Ufgator03 Recruit

Nov 9, 2013
    I agree. When Franklin took over @ PSU, he had almost a lock on things, now Locksley @ UM. He's good....really good recruiter. But do you want to win an ACC title...answer is NO, not at Maryland, but ask a recruit if he wants to win an SEC title & let the answer speak for itself being @ UF

5. roflcopter

roflcopter GC Legend

Dec 1, 2011
    West Virginia
    Maryland is in the Big 10 now. They seem like they should be in the ACC though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Ufgator03

Ufgator03 Recruit

Nov 9, 2013
    Touche' sir. Can't keep up with bball/fball mix ups they have in that/their conference. Wtf is ND even in??? Lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. graylon

graylon VIP Member

Sep 27, 2018
    I totally agree I don't understand how Virginia or Virginia Tech is not more of a National Power. If a Coach like Spurrier or Dan Mullen someone Innovative like that ever gets a job in that state Lookout because the talent is there

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Pretty sure a couple of those guys will get some Gator Love. Thanks and keep us posted on those guys and what's happening in that area.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Ufgator03

Ufgator03 Recruit

Nov 9, 2013
    Probably because there's really nothing here. Folks up here think Va Tech is equivalent to the NE Patriots. Frank Beamer is the same here as SOS is to Gator fans. The intriguing part is the HBC offered Bud Foster...defensive coordinator...for the Hokies...not once, but twice for his staff. First being in 1998 I believe after Bob Stoops left & then again in 2007 @ USCjr. He declined both, figuring he would get the head coaching gig when Beamer retired...recruiting has really taken a hit here because kids are going elsewhere...same with UVA. Kids would rather go to JUCO or transfer while in hs to get a better offer. PSU has been eating this up for a few years now.

10. Jayhovah

Jayhovah GC Legend

May 15, 2007
    Sounds like he might be too legit... at least we know he won't quit!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. TEKgator22

TEKgator22 All American

Nov 30, 2008
    VA
    Agreed, though it seems most of the elite talent is concentrated to NoVa and the Tidewater areas, like you said, with some Richmond talent sprinkled in. I live in Charlottesville (the "other" Exit 118B, UfGator03!) and most of the schools here and in our region are really tiny, compared to the Eastern part of the state. Invariably, most of the winners of our Region end up going to the State Semis and getting killed by teams from Richmond/Hampton/Tidewater/Nova....

12. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Not sure Jalon is legitimately five star material compared to the other QBs this cycle, but he's smart enough and athletic enough to be coached to become a Heisman nominee. I do think he'll jump Emory but also that he will be a better QB because of Emory. Their skill sets are are very close but Jalon is the more dangerous runner of the two.