Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

My apologies

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by wingtee, Sep 4, 2023.

1. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    How about a boys road-trip to Nashville in April??? All the above mention .

2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Nashville is a GREAT town. My wife and I had two free Southwest round trip tickets we had to use and went to a Gator basketball game there just before the covid pandemic shut everything down. Fun trip. Loved the RCA recording studio tour. The tour guide at the start was going on and on about Elvis and Dolly Parton recording there and asked us who our favorite recording artist was that ever recorded there. He gave me a knowing nod when I said "Chet Atkins". RCA built the studio for him. Great guitar player.

But my road trip in April is to visit my older brother in Indiana. The total eclipse goes right over his house. I saw the last one in the US from Sun Valley, Idaho and this one is supposed to last twice as long.

A really good one will occur in 2045 and if I live that long (I would be 91) it will have a really long totality over Gainesville.

3. neutrino_boi

neutrino_boi All American

Feb 1, 2020
    If you and I are both on this side of the dirt and you're still living independently in GNV, I call dibs on your couch. I'll be 63 then... I'll almost certainly be retired back in the upper midwest, but it'd be fun to come down and chat about Gator baseball and those years we had as gator engineering faculty.

4. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Got it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. I'm on various Gator boards with different names (I'm obviously not the real Noah Brindise) and have unfortunately posted more incoherent rants than I can halfway remember. As long you cringe when you look at them sober and they're not personal insults everyone laughs it off as I assume almost everyone has said some bad stuff in the 25+ or whatever years message boards have been around. Read the rest of the thread and glad you're doing okay.

6. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Many of us know @wingtee IRL (that means In Real Life for the rest of you old codgers) and we know that as a southpaw (already off kilter) and a competitive person it doesn't take much to set him off. That is part of his charm and why we like him so much and cut him some slack. He has earned it.

I have respect for any southpaw with a yellowhammer curve ball. Of course I put Sandy Koufax at the top of THAT list. Wing is a bit lower. LOL.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Thx Lurk yeah I can fly the handle but really don’t mean to be an ass, but I am

8. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

I’m right there with ya @wingtee—I know I’ve got a short fuse, but most of the time it’s kinda hard to light…..

And of course I’m not a lefty—I still don’t know how you do that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    At least he's in his right mind, some of the time!

• Funny Funny x 1