Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

My annual "Why I hate the NBA thread"

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by JerseyGator01, Apr 25, 2018.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

Meanwhile, playoff hockey is as good as it gets. Go Bolts!:emoji_zap::emoji_zap::emoji_zap:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Nobody said to leave Korver open. Any of the other three would be fine.

You cannot let Lebron touch the ball. One of the top 3-4 players of all time!!!

So, you can let one of the best ever beat ya or any of the others that have never taken a big shot. That's really an easy one.

3. rserina

rserina VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ringwood, NJ
    Did you see the play they ran?

4. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    :):devil:
    Seems like it's always been that way to me in the nba. When I was young it seemed like the celtics and Lakers every yr, maybe the knicks, then the bulls, etc.

As for the magic, seems kind of hopeless. Only a magic fan would remember them being the best in the east at this point.

5. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

Sadly I am...and I do. :(

6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Shaq and Dwight made Magic games interesting

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Don't skate over the cracks. :eek:

8. bakaduin

bakaduin VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

He is a heck of a basketball player

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 Senior

Nov 14, 2015
    That was a very tough shot.. no doubt one of the best players ever.

10. UFSECKINGS

UFSECKINGS VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    “The best”

• Like Like x 1
  11. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    I'll give him "the best" award at overreacting to a bump. I saw DeRosan bump his head during a rebound and he laid down on all fours for a full minute. The dude wouldn't survive the 80s and it's why he doesn't play football.

• Like Like x 1
  12. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He has more game winners in the postseason than MJ and koMe combined. I know I know..they have more titles than LeBron. I guess Bill Russell is the Goat then by that logic since he has as many as those two combined.

LeBron would be the best in the league in any generation he played. The talk about him not being able to survive the 80’s and 90’s is pure garbage. Fact is his body is built to take more punishment than MJ and KoMe’s. He would’ve been just fine and adjust his game handing out plenty of punishment himself. Also, in regards to people making that argument, it so great that they played punk ball in that time? It’s basketball. There are plenty of sports containing big time hits if that’s your pleasure.

Anyway, you can now go back to your regularly scheduled hater programming.

• Like Like x 2
  13. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Kobe and Jordan also weren't in many 7-game series in the 1st round either. Jordan didn't even have to play a game 7 in any finals series. Take that in for a moment.

LeBron would be elite any any era, obviously, but he wouldn't have 15 straight injury-free seasons. It's not pure garbage to suggest the NBA was much more lenient towards hard fouls. Players are afraid to foul hard today because the league fines you the equivalent of the average person's yearly salary. LeBron's never had a physical problem but he's always had a mental problem throughout his career when the tough got going. That's not disputable. And no I'm not suggesting that bullying type of basketball is great but this non-contact league today is worse for the game.

Your logic becomes lazy when you end with a "hater" comment. That's what's wrong with this young generation who think anyone with a different opinion is automatically a hater. I've called LBJ the greatest in this era. I just don't like his antics as a guy who is the face of the league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Magic are a trash organization from top to bottom, and this is from a Magic fan.

They cannot draft good talent for the life of them, and when they do (Oladipo) they send them off for Serge Ibaka who can't even last half a season with the Magic.

They drafted that kid from FSU last year who was designated for assignment down in Lakeland, while the very next pick (Markannen - CHI) and a few picks down (Mitchell - UTAH) are balling in the NBA as rookies

15. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I can't get mad at the 2013 NBA Draft when they took Oladipo because he turned out very good, but how Giannis fell all the way to Milwaukee is a gift from Zeus.

There are only a handful of NBA teams without stars or hope, and Orlando is settled in nicely in that bottom tier.

16. eViLG

eViLG All American

Aug 18, 2013
    Ocoee, FL
    Meh...I get the NBA League Pass every year.

Best athletes on the planet along with the NHL guys (NHL goalies are not human).

The talent and skill level of today’s NBA players is light years ahead of the college game.

My only gripe is playoff officiating is woefully inconsistent. Seems like they’re either letting both teams kill each other, or calling ticky-tack nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Orangeandblue15

Orangeandblue15 Junior

Jan 2, 2014
    Agreed. If you can get past the unwritten rule changes in palming and traveling not being called basically ever and the woeful officiating here and there the game has become a lot more exciting. Up and down pace and tons of better athletes in today's game. The influx of young talent lately is insane as well. The only thing I wish they would do is make all stars have a minimum salary so teams like Golden State can't be formed. Just ridiculous to me that Klay Thompson is paid less than JJ Redick, CJ McCollum, Harrison Barnes and Chandler Parsons. And Durant is paid less than Al Horford . Love Horford to death but give me the best offensive player in the league all day for less money. At least I'm happy Curry is getting 33mil a year now rather than the 15 he was getting a year on his previous contract.

18. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 Senior

Nov 14, 2015
    Jordan gets a ton of credit for all those titles, yet nobody gives Scottie Pippen his due. Jordan had 0 rings without Scottie. Jordan is the best, but let’s not forget the guys who helped him and maybe they factored into Jordan not playing a game 7 in a final series.