Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Must be SEC Network Hates the Gators Day

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by archigator_96, Jun 26, 2021.

1. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Both the 1992 SEC Championship and the 08 Ole Piss game.

Why don't they play the UGAG game where we only threw one pass or the 08 SEC Championship?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I think the 92 game has been replayed more than all the rest combined.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Every day is hate the Gators day on that network. They do love them some bama though.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. fda92045

fda92045 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2012
    When you're a name brand program, you expect and appreciate this stuff.

We should embrace and be proud that 95% of programs best moments come against us and not the other way around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    Most of Florida's "best" moments have often been blowouts of our SEC opponents. That's just not dramatic enough for the SEC network but was very pleasurable to watch by Gator fans especially when there is pay-back from a previous year's setback to that opponent.

The times when Florida did have a close game could very often be a major upset. But, Florida also had some very close games (that resulted in victory):
    recall, the 2006 Florida vs South Carolina game (the Jarvis Moss game winning blocked kick of the potential game winning kick),
    or the 2008 SECCG (#2 Florida vs #1 Alabama) which was a back & forth affair until Florida pulled away late.

I also liked the 1996 SECCG between Florida & Alabama when the Gators were still trying to stay in the national title race.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Let them hate. I revel in it

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    An then there is the first 96 FSU game in Tallahassee and the 93 FSU game on at 6am every other day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

SEC .....network
    There’s a few of us keep trying to tell the rest of y’all - the SEC doesn’t like Florida and they take every opportunity to stick it to us, on and off the field. Especially on....

I’ll say it again - The SEC is not your friend
    STOP PULLING FOR THEM

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I've occassionally wondered what the SEC network coverage of the Gators would have been had the network began back in the Spurrier era or even the Meyer era. Would we have gotten anything close to the positive PR that Bama gets or even Georgia for that matter.
    I think I know the answer:mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Unfortunately most of our dramatic games involved us being upset in close games. As stated before when we won it was usually because we were supposed to or we laid a beating on someone.

With that said we do have a few that don't get nearly as much airplay as the same ones they play over and over from other schools

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Unfortunately the SEC Network is just more BSPN with different props

• Like Like x 1
  12. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    I came to the conclusion that it was pretty much UF against the world a long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. trump4life

trump4life All American

Oct 7, 2020
    Tallahassee
    Most of the time the SEC network shows games we lost. I only watch it when it shows a game we won which is rare. And the PF show, I watch the initial minutes for news of the day. When guests are announced, if not related to UF, I just turn it off. It is a pro Bama show in reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    What’s worse, they played the games back-to-back. Just mean-spirited.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I hate Redneck Network and don't watch it unless there's a Gator game on there I want to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gatordad699

Gatordad699 Sophomore

Apr 30, 2007
    SEC hates UF. It’s all in for Bama, UGA, and then just about everyone else but UF. People tend to forget that the first 2 SEC Title games were in Birmingham, Redneckville. If it wasn’t for a very outspoken UF coach saying WTF!!, who knows how long it would have stayed in the trailer park.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I was watching the 2nd half of the 92 SEC championship game on SEC replay.

Think about this: The SEC championship was a great idea. But where do they decide to play it? Orlando? Miami? Jacksonville? Atlanta? New Orleans? No, Birmingham, Alabama where Bama plays some home games.

Then the Cherry on Top. Reporter tells story of being on sidelines when Langham picks Shane late in game and sees SEC Commissioner Roy Kramer running toward end zone with hands in air celebrating the pick six. Yeah, I know it got Bama in the NC game, but come on Kramer at least act like like a Commissioner.

I was at the 93 game in Birmingham, what a joy to beat Bama on their "home field" for the SECC. Thank you Terry Dean, Jack Jackson, and Errict Rhett.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CadGator

CadGator All American

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    What year is the UGAG where we only threw 1 pass?

19. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    Either '14 or '15. Was being a little facetious with the one pass but I think we only completed 3 and only passed 5 or 6 times the whole game. They got a healthy dose of K. Taylor and Matt Jones. Had over 400 yds rushing.

20. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    And the punter with the fake punt. I somehow forgot his name.

Interesting story that surfaced over a decade later on why the SEC decided to move the game to ATL.
    Remember- the SECCG was played in Birmingham in 92 and 93, moving to ATL in 94. The story came from a GC writer I think- I know it was a reliable source.
    Sometime after the 2nd game the ADs of Uf, UGA and UK all went to the SEC Commish and said "move the game to ATL or we will consider bolting to the ACC."
    It was quite a threat. And the SEC Commish backed down- and moved the game. (Obviously.)

It's a good story, but take a few steps back.
    Isn't it AMAZING that the SEC Commish couldn't realize this on his own- that holding the game in Birmingham was ridiculous.
    That it took a threat from 3 SEC ADs to get him to do what in hindsight was common sense- move it indoors and to a more neutral location?

To me it speaks to the bias of the SEC- and apparently they don't even realize how biased they are.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1