Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mullen takes accountability

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I suggest dropping the “Gator Standard” sloganeering corporate lingo for starters. It is weak horseshit designed to drum up unearned support. Every meeting I was ever in that focused on messaging was wasted time.

You need to manage the message because your message sucks.

Be a badass and let others fall all over themselves trying to be your water carrier.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He's not saying that ... I was saying that. Dan has NOT taken responsibility for losing to subpar teams since he got here. That's where I stand on this subject.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Disagree on last year. We limped to the finish line and squandered a really strong offense.

4. DomiGator

DomiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You're absolutely right

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Every other team in the SEC has lost to UK in that same time span please use a different metric to bash the team. Do you seriously think we were suppose to never lose to a SEC team. In the last 38 years who had a better record against UK?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I'll give you that but it was still fun to watch our offense and to actually make it to the SECCG

7. DomiGator

DomiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Can't, maybe I shouldn't use the 38 yrs. But we lost a game should have won, that's coach's fault. If not for a injury to FF, we'd be 1-3 against KY for sure, maybe 0-4. it's the coach's fault, there is no way out.

Remember, Mullen chose FF over KT and hand-picked EJ as FF's successor.

If not for the injury to FF or McElwain didn't recruit KT (thank god he at least did one good thing, OK he got us MC too, but Mullen threw it away), this could be the 4th consecutive year of ugly & mediocre football and who knows what the record would be. From that stand point, Mullen might be the luckiest coach in UF history

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  8. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Senior

Nov 29, 2016
    Excellent point. HCs lose coordinators and coaches all the time. They still recruit incredibly well. Riley, Saban, Kirby, Mark Stoops, even Ogeron. They’ve all either fired or lost coordinators. Part of the game. You can fire/lose coordinators and still recruit at a high level. The two do not have to go hand in hand. That is on the HC.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Like Like x 1
  9. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Why should Grantham be more honorable at @ $2 million than Mullen at over $7 million with a $12 million buyout?