Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Mullen’s Gators are ready (Bianchi Opines)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorjjh, Jan 31, 2020.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I look forward to turnover of the Gville Sun sports writers and retirement. Need some new blood

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    We will win the SEC, and that will put the Gators in the Playoff.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

For all y’all praising his writing style, I offer these two quotes from his article kissing up to the Gators:

“Much like he did immediately after he was hired two-plus years ago, Mullen spoke at halftime of a UF basketball game Saturday and worked the crowd into a frenzy when he reiterated what he has said countless times since he rescued the Gators from the incompetent clutches of Jim McElwain.”

By my count that’s a one-sentence paragraph with 7 prepositional phrases.

“All you have to do is look at the Gators’ phenomenal arc of success since UF athletics director Scott Stricklin astutely hired Mullen inNovember 2017 in the wake of the farcical 4-7 final season underMcElwain.”

In this one I also count 7.

This is not great writing. This guy brings sarcasm and little else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. gatorgeezer

gatorgeezer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    this is the same kind of hype/speculation/expectations that has weighed on the basketball team like an albatross around their necks. These writers are required to produce material year round so they come up with pie in the sky pieces that become expectations for the fan base. And as we know expectations can turn into bitter disappointments, so read this stuff as purely entertainment not reality.

5. gatorgeezer

gatorgeezer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    so we got an english teacher on our board

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Not here - I’m a twice-baked mechanical engineer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    I think that even on that you were more right than little mikey.

8. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think that while the schedule sets up well for UF, the team may not improve enough in key areas to make it a national title contender. If the OL was even average run-blocking last year, I would say they had a chance to be very good this year. If our DB's were average tacklers last year, I would say they had a decent chance to be very good this year. There is a better chance that the DB's will learn to tackle than the OL will start pushing the SEC DL's around, but these areas will limit UF's performance, plus WR and DE, if people don't step up quickly. And we still have to get past Georgia in Jax, and then Bama or whoever wins the west in the SECCG. Ten or 11 wins is certainly doable, or maybe even 12 wins, but I don't see much chance of a shot at the title unless the other P5 conference champions also have a loss or two on their resumes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. GolphinGator

GolphinGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    I think his articles are good reading most times. I notice his stuff pops up here often for even if it is for bashing him most times. Seems people must be reading his stuff and that's a plus fro any writer. He is also a UF grad so I would think he would get a little slack here., but I guess not. I am betting he loves stirring the stuff here as well.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I sure as anything wouldn't count out Coach Mullen, and his now-proven method of developing his players, (kudos to Savage there, as well).....

Our incoming class...well...it's VERY misleading...
    We're bringing in not just Dexter and Wingo...but...also..Cox, Lingard and Shorter....(plus, I think there's room for one more 5*......like Evans)....

How do you now rank a Gators team with FIVE 5*s...and quite possibly a sixth???...

How about we wait and see if Bianchi will write an article about that....or..will he now write another one pumping...(or pimping) UCF and/or Danny White???

Just askin'

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Adroit? Dan Mullen is not C3PO or R2D2... What a dumba$$

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    The team is going to hear this all off season. I hope they are ready.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I really think that Mullen realizes this....and, with him already establishing the Gator Standard....would use this as a positive thing among his team....

He'll most likely just tell them....
    "I'm sure that you guys have heard all the hype about us....so, now....what happens if you don't live up to it???.... How about we prove 'em right, and show everybody what a championship team looks like...and I'm talkin' about the GATORS Championship team!!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Just gonna say it, this team was in WAY worse shape overall when CDM took over. Luckily the '18 squad had upper-classman on the OL that 100% bought in, but unfortunately the draft eligible JRs left behind Macs lack of depth and a ton of FR. We're bringing back 4/5 on the OL with a huge infusion of talent and depth behind them now. Same with the DB group. Lots of young kids received valuable experience this year which bodes extremely well with our most favorable schedule I can ever remember.

Just get the Kirby monkey off our backs and its off to the races!!!

15. charliecasey

charliecasey Sophomore

Feb 8, 2017
    You guys sound like the Nuttin’ but Net crowd about four months ago. Wander over there and see how they feel now. All I care about is steady progression toward a great product and Mullen is moving us there at a faster than expected pace. Let’s don’t put the cart before the horse.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Legend

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Funny! But I don’t see anyone saying “no more excuses if we can’t succeed with this roster” for Mullen.