Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Mullen’s Gators are ready (Bianchi Opines)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorjjh, Jan 31, 2020.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Mike Bianchi Sentinel commentary
    Mullen’s Gators are ready

Everything is set up for Florida to win the SEC and even a national title

Florida Gators head coach Dan Mullen was at it again the other day.
    Much like he did immediately after he was hired two-plus years ago, Mullen spoke at halftime of a UF basketball game Saturday and worked the crowd into a frenzy when he reiterated what he has said countless times since he rescued the Gators from the incompetent clutches of Jim McElwain.

“I came here to bring back the Gator standard, and that means having teams that are competing for and playing for SEC and national championships all the time,” Mullen exhorted. “And that’s how it’s going to be!” In two seasons as head coach, Mullen certainly has put his team in the position to make his declaration come true.

Prediction: This season, I’m convinced, his declaration actually WILL come true.
    In 2020, I believe everything is set up for Mullen’s Gators not only to win the SEC, but advance to the College Football Playoff and perhaps even win the national championship.

All you have to do is look at the Gators’ phenomenal arc of success since UF athletics director Scott Stricklin astutely hired Mullen in November 2017 in the wake of the farcical 4-7 final season under McElwain. In his first season, Mullen’s Gators went 10-3 and finished No. 7 in the country. In Year 2, the Gators went 11-2 and finished No. 6.
    The fact is, UF lost only two games last season — one to the No. 1 team in the country (LSU) and the other to the No. 4 team in the country (Georgia). In fact, an argument could be made that UF played LSU, a team many are calling one of the greatest of all time, as tough as anybody last season. Even though LSU won the game 42-28, the Gators went toe to toe with the Tigers in Baton Rouge and got deep into the red zone twice in the fourth quarter but came away with zero points.

This year, everything is utterly and completely lined up for Mullen’s Gators to take that next step, starting with the fact that the schedule is set up perfectly. There’s a chance Florida could be favored in every game it plays in 2020, with the possible exception of Georgia. LSU, which loses a ton of talented players and coaches, has to come to Gainesville this season. And as for Georgia, let’s not forget that the Bulldogs — Florida’s perennial nemesis in the SEC East — has to go to Alabama next season. Ouch!
    Mullen’s Gators are ready

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Gatorologist

Gatorologist GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Like what I see and I have to agree the opportunity is there. But it is also a very strategic article by Bianchi:

1) When we win he can say he predicted it.

2) If we lose it sets him up to write a snarky article about how it was all in front of them and they blew it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. mh2os

mh2os VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Grapevine, TX
    It's what he (they; the press) do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He’s not wrong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    He's using deceptive technique to lure everyone into a false sense of security. Either that, or everyone will have to change their opinions about Bianchi (well, that won't happen)

As butter teeth used to say, and I paraphrase with story-tellers embellishment: "we don't need no belly rubbin, particularly this early on."

Go Gators. Recruit hard, work hard, stay focused, good luck and win all the games...

:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    And he is still ...... A Tool!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Legend

Oct 15, 2012
    Gator dittos

You know he is right.

9. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Don't get sucked into this game. Bianchi is an opinion writer who makes his money by stirring up fan bases of all the area schools and generating controversy. He alternates praise and criticism of each school.

People need to quit reading his stuff and stop posting it here and stop debating what he says. This is exactly what he wants. If people quit spreading his writings, he'll go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Unfortunately.....
    Bianchi is like a cockroach infestation..... even after a thermonuclear war....both will still be here, infesting any possible survivors.

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    What’s he supposed to write about this time of year? The stupor bowl?

When he writes an article praising us, he gets blasted; when he writes an article criticizing us, he gets blasted.

As for me, I just hope he is right.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    I really don't care if he writes praise or criticism. The issue I have is how he intentionally manipulates the fanbases by writing a total fluff piece like this (which is essentially copying what a couple of other writers have said), followed in a few weeks or two by a criticism, with the sole intent of getting a reaction, stirring controversy and generating clicks.

It's his job, so I get it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

I may be the only guy who likes his writing. I may not always like what he says but he is cogent and creative. I don't always need to hear what I like.

I will repeat a story I once posted. Bianchi and I were debating about Urban Meyer after UM's first year. He told me that Meyer was an excellent coach but a dishonest huckster who would eventually get UF in trouble.. I argued that he was an excellent coach and sincere.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. SmootyGator

SmootyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 17, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Hate to say it, but I mostly agree with Bianchi on this one.... I think we have an outside shot at competing for a Natty, but it all comes down to some luck. I say we go 11-1 regular season. Who we lose to in that one loss will be the major determining factor in what championships we have a shot at...

But really, there's only one thing that really needs to happen next year and that is Whipping the D-wags in Jax. I would take another 10-2 season next year right now, if it included a win against the Mutts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol... about what?

16. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The whole article really. IMO, he doesn’t say anything that’s controversial. The Gators are doing well, Mullen is a good coach, the Gators return a bunch, and the schedule is relative easy as many other teams are losing key pieces.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. tcmba

tcmba Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So now there are at least two of us who like his writing. I've liked reading his stuff since he was with the Gainesville Sun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Just all of you wait.....

As soon as UCF wins their first game of the season....
    Bianchi will be all over that like flies on crap!!

19. jcp

jcp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2009
    Bianchi is a tool. That’s all.

20. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Who won the argument;)

• Funny Funny x 3