Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mueller charges 12 Russian intelligence officers with hacking DNC

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jul 13, 2018.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Not much yet at the link, sorry developing.

Special counsel Mueller charges 12 Russian intelligence officers with hacking Democrats during 2016 election

Special counsel Robert Mueller has obtained a new indictment charging 12 Russian intelligence officers with hacking Democrats during the 2016 presidential election.

The indictment lodged in Washington, DC, accuses the Russian spies of hacking into the Democratic National Committe and the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton, and of releasing emails obtained from that cybersnooping with a a goal of influencing the election.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    Let me guess its a Friday afternoon and the press is spinning about joke Russian Troll charges that are normally always handled in other ways. My prediction is it will be more joke Russian troll charges probably (maybe from magazine articles again) or more things that have nothing to do with Trump Russia collusion as usual.

3. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Lol Yep Russian officers charged with trolling and e mail hacking. What a joke this investigation has become. Make a big announcement over stuff that happens daily with other countries including our own and is handled in other ways usually.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    upload_2018-7-13_10-14-56.jpeg

5. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    lol This stuff should be made for the comedy channel. Might as well get a special counsel looking at every other country and get hundreds of indictments to make a joke spectacle because you have nothing about Trump Russian collusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. DaveFla

DaveFla GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hillary needs be held accountable for this. It is painfully obvious that it was her email, stored on her private server, that was hacked.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    No, it was the DNC that got hacked ... there has never been a shred of evidence that Hillary's personal email was hacked, and if it was, they would have used it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    I am going to laugh my butt off if Crowdstrike is mentioned anywhere in these indictments. I think the DNC refused to let the FBI look at their stuff.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DaveFla

DaveFla GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You just keep thinking that if it helps you sleep better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Establishing that Russia did something illegal is the first step, step 2 will be determining to what extent the Trump campaign worked with them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    No its not - its a sign this joke investigation will be closing shop soon actually - probably just after the election. I would actually be shocked if China and Russia didnt have most everything the DNC and Hillary had since they got their crap hacked so easily. In fact it would be an embarrassment on them if they didn't.

I just want to see if some of the evidence is crowdstrike related because it would make Mueller's probe an even bigger joke than it already is.

12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Indictment linked. Looks like the hacks were not a hoax and were not done by a 32 year old fat guy on his bed somewhere.\

Gives trump some bargaining ammunition with Putin-- if he wants it.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The only "joke" (and it is not funny, but is in the context of the word you used), is that Americans are so blindly partisan and sycophant in support of the party that was not hacked or leaked, that they would have an opinion like yours about an indictment of foreign spies who injured our free election process. You obviously welcomed the hacks as a good thing, or you would not have this opinion. If I say any more, I will cross a line here. But, sometimes, patriotism dictates a clear response.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Yep a country charging hacking when Russia knows we have hacked a ton of their crap really gives Trump extra ammunition. About all it does is give Putin something to bring up and basically laugh that the US actually made indictments for public consumption.

They also were going to release these joke indictments a while back but held them to release when they felt it was the best time which after the Strzok crap show they felt it was a good time.

15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    This is great investigative work. They even know who the hackers etc. are. You should be proud of the government.

• Like Like x 1
  16. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I am sure you will link the Russian government's reaction for us when you post RT's account of this.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Mueller Eyes Charges Against Russians in Dem Email Hack

Special counsel Robert Mueller is assembling a case for criminal charges against Russians who carried out the hacking and leaking of private information designed to hurt Democrats in the 2016 election, multiple current and former government officials familiar with the matter told NBC News.

Much like the indictment Mueller filed last month charging a different group of Russians in a social media trolling and illegal-ad-buying scheme, the possible new charges are expected to rely heavily on secret intelligence gathered by the CIA, the FBI, the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security, several of the officials said.

Mueller's consideration of charges accusing Russians in the hacking case has not been reported previously. Sources say he has long had sufficient evidence to make a case, but strategic issues could dictate the timing. A spokesman for the special counsel declined to comment.
    ------------------------

For anyone thinking all their stuff isnt just for politics Mueller has been sitting on this joke indictment for well over 4 months and was waiting for when he wanted to change the subject - which Strzok made him move.

18. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Have you considered that the timing of the release of this very specific indictment that delineates exactly how the hack and release was done, and by whom, was to precede Trump's meeting with Putin? Can you think about why? Think about the permutations of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So I guess it wasn’t a fat guy on a couch?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. gator_fever

Nov 3, 2013
    Looking at the indictments they are claiming these Russians got the stuff using basic fishing techniques etc. some junior high kid can do from his basement. They don't give the how they know to much in there. My guess is we will find out later they used Hillary connected "Crowdstrike" for much of their evidence.

:D