Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

msnbc trying to shame those that don’t wear a mask...

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 28, 2020.

1. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Well that's what some on your side have been accusing some on my side of wanting. And that's what the post I was responding to alluded to. I haven't seen you call them out though.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    No. I look at the evidence and numbers. Time to get back to normal. We know who to protect and are working on the best ways to proceed there. You are not going to infect someone in public by not wearing a mask unless you are trying to. And even then you have to be part 0.1% that may even have it right now.

But carry on wearing one if it makes you feel better about yourself. I hope you follow proper protocols. Most try but fail. All it takes is a walk around the store. I will be honest. I feel safer around those without a mask. I know they have likely not messed with their face. But to each their own.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Who is doing that though? No one is calling or people "not to wear" masks or "end social distancing". Some are saying they aren't sure the data says wearing a mask does very much. But no one says you can't wear one.

Regardless, that is a little different than actually posting "hey, I hope people die that I disagree with".

4. tilly

Because we have links to the literal quotes on this board.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    so you really believe that since i do not think mask wearing should be mandatory i want people to die? if so, i am truely offended by that

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Wow...just wow. Messed with their face? LOL good grief man.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    I guess you haven't been reading the last 100 pages or so of coronavirus thread? All sorts of folks there are calling for an end to social distancing. And I know you've seen some of them accuse liberals of wanting people to die.

8. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    All I can say is social distancing (and mask wearing) saves lives.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I don't know why it isn't obvious. Check the masks in 1918, and the masks in countries that had to deal with Sars and Ebola. The countries that are truly back to normal now, acted quickly and made masks mandatory. I'm done trying to push the common sense. Let them go out without their masks, drag the economy down even more, and finally create a herd immunity. Whatever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Tell that to the first guy who suggested it. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    you did not answer my question, do you believe i want people to die,own up and answer.

12. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    I don't think you want people to die. But more people will die because of states reopening too early. I'll leave it at that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    so, in your infinate wisdom, how long should we have stayed locked down? hindsight is 20/20, even dr. fauci recently said said be locked down too long was not good, so, when would you open up?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Thanks for posting the WHO piece up thread. It's surprising to read their suggestion, esp. as it contrasts the recommendations from the CDC. I'm compelled to seek further information, to help parse out the truth in relation to the motivation from the various messages (ex. Surgeon General's early plea for people to stop buying masks).

As for numbers, can you clarify? Sorry if I missed it, but you've been asked to provide numbers and I haven't seen them yet. I don't wear a mask to feel better about myself and am confident many folks feel the same - strange that you would suggest that about anyone. Interesting that you feel safer around people w/o a mask, but as you say, to each their own. Here's another take in favor of wearing masks. It's a pretty reputable source.
    Can face masks protect against the coronavirus?

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    This is a well-balanced, concise early study on the use of masks to mitigate risks of Covid-19. They address the WHO's mask suggestion, noting contrary suggestion from previous research on pandemic influenza. If you care to increase your informed perspective, check it out: https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/369/bmj.m1435.full.pdf
    On the WHO . . .
    As for previous research suggesting that masks need not be worn . . .
    Conclusion . . .

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'll go with knowledge base challenged.

Irony 101.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. tilly

I haven't seen anyone call to end it. All I have seen is a mask debate. But certainly, I haven't read every single post.
    Some liberals actually did say they wished people would die.

18. tilly

Good info. Thanks Davis.

19. tilly

Suggested? Hardly. I quoted.

20. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    There have been a huge number of posts calling for states to reopen. You only need to read a few posts to find some.