Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Move back U suck

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Rkb75, Oct 7, 2019.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Not my favorite as a dad of 3...but it doesnt cross over to vulgar either.

I do like the dragnet theme though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I'd love if they could figure out how to do the Law and Order "doink"...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    understatement much like some of our older fans

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    It doesn’t even begin to touch on some of the other chants other schools do lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    The tune is catchy

Took me a while to remember what the chant was

6. jcp

jcp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2009
    I’ve been loving it! Happy it’s back! :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. phillyblount

phillyblount GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    The burg
    I'd like to see them give this one a go.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. FusionGator

FusionGator Senior

Nov 15, 2015
    I don't really have a love or hate feeling about this chant. It doesn't hit my radar either way. Lots of people have fun with it and it's harmless.

As a parent, daughter is now 20, this chant registers a zero to me on things to be concerned about that kids get exposed to on a daily basis. It's not even cringe worthy compared to daily life.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Legend

Jun 13, 2017
    Thanks for saving me some typing. This ^^^ all day! Nothing compared to exposure in daily life. My kids see much worse in school.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. As much as I want Gator fans to take the higher ground and be classy, I know that sports fans need to walk that line in order to be rowdy and create a fun game atmosphere. 8-year old kids nowadays are exposed to worse things in school, on the news, and in pop music.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. FusionGator

FusionGator Senior

Nov 15, 2015
    I agree.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. NUM1GATRFN

NUM1GATRFN GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Acworth, Georgia
    I always thought the original chant went something along the lines of '...You can't do that!....' or something like that. Maybe I'm wrong and thinking of something else.

Anyways - I think we hit a record of 'Move back, you suck!' at the F$U game - my brother even said he couldn't ever remember a past game where the opposing team committed so many more penalties than we did.

Everyone in our section were getting actually tired of doing the chant by the 4th quarter - it seemed like we were doing it after every other play!

When I got back home, my son said as he was watching the game he could hear the chant clearly on TV every time - he said he almost thought we were chanting that through the whole game we did it so much.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    My wife captured it pretty well: chant is fine for kids but folks over 40 look stupid doing it.

So I only do it at games she doesn’t attend where I act like a student again!!

Read the lyrics to Swanee. No reason to go there for UF.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Joaqui

Joaqui Junior

Jul 17, 2016
    I was UF when it in full effect and loved it then love it now. This is a college football game not a game of polo.

I didnt take my son to a UF game until he was 8 years old because I understand the environment of a college football game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    They should coordinate with our section E baseball guys for some witty, funny, and family-friendly heckling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    I'm in my sixties and I do it. No one told me. Now I am embarrassed...

• Funny Funny x 6
  17. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You can still participate by flogging your hat

18. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I understand your perspective; I would just say that when I bring my kids to the ball game, I realize that I am bringing them into an environment where they absolutely WILL experience things that I don't consider acceptable behavior (I don't believe in sheltering them from everything, and at least this gives me the opportunity to demonstrate what I think is acceptable, talk about it, and show how to tolerate being around things you don't consider acceptable). I explain the MBYS thing as a student-based heckle of the other team, and college students get a little more leeway in terms of their vocabulary. I'm much more bothered by grown men ripping on college kids for trying to play a game that helps promote our university...or grown men whining about things not going the way we prefer (in terms of game environment). When/if they make it to college, one of the last things I imagine that I'd be worried about for my kids is them indicating that the other team "sucks." While certainly not my favorite chant, I take the expression as light-hearted, and not intended to be taken literally. After all, every one of those athletes on both sides of the field had to achieve at a high level to make it where they are (including the walk-ons).

In terms of picking and choosing your battles, this isn't one that I'm signing up for.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I'm 51, my son is 14.
    The chant is done in good fun, and to me doesn't come across as plainly saying "You Suck". Its gets the fans more into the game....
    If he was 3-8 I wouldn't be thrilled, however kids sadly because of the internet hear all kids of crap well before they should these days, don't like it but its a fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

No question. I don't find it vulgar...just not a big fan.