Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Most Federal Crimes Involve Immigration, Drugs and are Executed by Hispanics

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, May 17, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Most Federal Crimes Involve Immigration, Drugs and are Executed by Hispanics - Judicial Watch
    As the illegal alien crisis along the southern border worsens, distressing government figures show that nearly half of all federal crimes in the United States are perpetrated by foreigners who are not American citizens and that immigration cases account for the largest single type of offense. Non-U.S. citizens committed 42.7% of all federal crimes in 2018, according to a report issued by the United States Sentencing Commission, the independent agency created by Congress decades ago to reduce sentencing disparities and promote transparency and proportionality in sentencing. The document also reveals that 54.3% of the 69,425 federal offenders last year were Hispanic.

“Immigration cases accounted for the largest single group of offenses in fiscal year 2018, comprising 34.4% of all reported cases,” the agency writes in its annual report to Congress. “Cases involving drugs, firearms, and fraud were the next most common types of offenses after immigration cases. Together these four types of offenses accounted for 82.9 percent of all cases reported to the commission in fiscal year 2018.” The second largest offense category, drugs, accounted for 28.1% of federal crimes last year and most cases involved methamphetamine. Judicial Watch has reported for years on the enormous amounts of meth that enter the U.S. through Mexico. A few years ago the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reported an eye-popping 300% increase in meth seizures coming from Mexico in one border state alone.

In 2018 Hispanics committed 9,020 federal drug trafficking crimes, nearly twice as many as those perpetrated by blacks (4,670) and more than double the drug trafficking offenses carried out by whites (4,499). Hispanics were also charged with more drug possession crimes (389) last year than any other group. Not surprisingly, Hispanics also committed the overwhelming amount of immigration related crimes, according to the recently issued federal statistics. Of the 23,656 immigration offenses recorded last year, Hispanics accounted for 22,782. They also committed the most money laundering crimes (504) compared to whites (444) and blacks (236), the Sentencing Commission document shows. The figures only include convicts that actually got sentenced.

Yet we still have people claiming there's no crisis.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. gulfgator

gulfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gulf of Mexico
    Thank goodness Trump is going to send hoards to FLA

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I’m sure there will be the proverbial assertion that the numbers are skewed by the inherent bias of law enforcement against minorities. And there will be the argument that law enforcement does not pursue drug crime in the relatively more affluent “white” neighborhoods.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

Guaranteed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  6. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Article doesn’t say that the federal crimes are committed by illegal aliens. Or that they came through true southern border. Or that they didn’t come through border crossings, as opposed to through a port of entry. Not does the article account for state charges. I won’t even begin to assess the disingenuous argument about immigration prosecutions given Trump’s 2O18 “zero tolerance” policy. But the article does trash Hispanics and the OP sees a crisis, so the article appeals to some.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Thread Subtitle: Or how to deceive with statistics.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hispanics probably put in the windmills that are slaughtering the eagles. Thousands of felonies right there

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Immigration, which is a misdemenaor, skews the results. If we legalized a guest worker program and allowed those coming in to work that can pass a background check to do so, that would reduce up to 34% of the Federal crimes committed by Hispanics according to the link in the OP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce Senior

Nov 21, 2018
    Immigration is NOT a misdemeanor. Illegal immigration is. There is a difference. One goes through the process set up by elected officials of our country. Another chooses to bypass that process and enter the country illegally.

While I agree that immigration reform from top to bottom is a must, including guest worker program, I get tired of reporters and articles using the term immigration or i.migrant in the place of illegal immigrant or illegal immigration. They are two separate and different things.

Sorry. No harf feelings towards you azcat..just a pet peeve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Immigration crimes make up a significant bulk of federal crime, and the vast majority of people committing immigration crimes are Hispanic. What's your point? If we fixed our immigration laws, that number would drop off a cliff.

Also, that has nothing to do with a "crisis." What type of foolish logic is that? Compare federal crime rates today to where they were in the early 2000s, and we didn't have a "crisis" in the early 2000s.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Just to be clear: You're saying if most of the arrests by the feds involve immigration, it only makes sense that most of those arrested are immigrants.
    Hmmm. I'll have to think about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There's definitely a crisis, only an ignorant person would deny it. How does the article trash Hispanics, by posting facts?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    There's not a crisis (unless you want to argue that there's a "humanitarian crisis," but that doesn't support an argument for border security or a wall). I'm the most informed person on this board on this topic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well Mr Informed, you're wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    I live on the border, and my job entails dealing with border crimes on a near daily basis. Now, you list your firsthand experience with the U.S.-Mexico border.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I do not live on the border which you knew that,Thank God. So are you stating the only crisis on the border is a humanitarian crisis . You must be getting rich working on the border then . Well I'm glad that you and Nancy Pelosi have changed your stance after a couple of months stating there was never a crisis. It takes you guy's a while to admit you're wrong.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  19. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    There's been a humanitarian crisis causing migration for years due to the violence and unrest in the Northern Triangle. But that actually undermines any argument for a border wall or enhanced border security and promotes an argument for strong asylum laws and immigration reform. I imagine you don't want to stipulate to there being a humanitarian crisis. What you want to argue is there's a security crisis, and you're dead wrong about that.

As for living on the border, the community where I live has an extremely low crime rate (including one of the lowest homicide rates in the U.S.). It's significantly safer than my birthplace in Florida. What you're doing now is akin to you trying to tell Dan Mullen how to design a spread offense. You're out of your depth.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol. You and I will never agree on this. Actually there's not too much I agree with you at all.