Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

More anti-Gator bias from SEC Network!!!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tideh8rGator, Dec 2, 2019.

1. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It was Cubelic.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Burns hates UF with a white-hot passion. He doesn't even try to hide it. Said on the SEC Network that he was pulling for Michigan to beat UF last year in the Peach Bowl. On the SEC Network. My least-favorite talking head. It would be one thing if he was immensely talented, but this is a man with limited talent that shows his bias against UF almost every time he talks about the Gators.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Yes the Ole miss firing their coach was news on Saturday, today, was rehashing what was known, covering a small news press conference. Think if you will that Alabama-Auburn replay was scheduled, they took it off for this. Their station might of been fire bombed! I rest the case of bias against Florida.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    No real bias.

If there was a bias, great! the team is relevant again

These guys just sucked. The D team of announcers.

Who cares anyway? We crushed our #2 foe, ran a fake punt to give them the middle finger and destroyed their QBs. They walked off dejected forlorn losers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Who is he? I don't watch SEC network unless the gators are playing (any sports).

6. evermoresg

evermoresg All American

Sep 4, 2009
    RIP 29th Street
    Rodgers referred to Free Shoes as "Florida" multiple times. The only reason he's got a job calling games is bc Disney is hoping lightning strikes twice with the Bachelor/ESPN synergy, but he is awful in every way. At least he's at the bottom of the totem pole and shows no aptitude to climb above that.

7. SuperMOM

SuperMOM All American

Jan 31, 2016
    Thanks for the heads up - I just deleted it and will save the next two replays.

8. Gatorfred

Gatorfred GC Legend

Oct 15, 2012
    Anti-Gator bias by ONE person, Ok. It seems there is some anti-Burns bias on this message board. Has nothing to do with nothing and is meaningless in the big scheme of things.

9. tmape01

tmape01 Junior

Apr 18, 2007
    I wish this were true - even bought ESPN+ just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I have been checking since Saturday night.

The first replay after the game that is being made available to watch aired at 1am last night (Tuesday). You can't go in and just watch anything, ESPN limits avilability of all replays until they "broadcast" them again (in the middle of the night, in our case).

You may be right about the pressers, but they definitey "re-broadcast" the replays in a very limited fashion (probably so they can count the viewers, like you mentioned).

10. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hope we stay disrespected so we maintain a big shoulder chip.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Was on last night and DVR'ed successfully!

Had a DVR glitch that prevented recording it live Saturday night, so it was important to get it the second time around. They cut out the drive up to the 4th quarter FG (got the kick itself) and the Townsend fake punt sequence but otherwise left the game intact. I have seen these replays where they cut out TD's.

DVR's are not an exact science.

12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I rewatched the game on demand using the espn app Sunday. (Using espn app on my smart TV.) It was in the "On Demand" section.
    I dont have espn+.

The condensed game was on YouTube by Sunday AM as well.

13. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators GC Hall of Fame

I think it was the sideline announcer that said that...

19863608_BG1.jpg

14. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Great point. They’ve also finally realized to hide the scores on the on demand stuff.

15. ShadowCat

ShadowCat All American

Jan 6, 2015
    While I am biased towards UF of course, a replay should not take precedence over an actual news event, especially on the SEC Network. It is not the Gator channel afterall (unfortunately)

• Like Like x 1