Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Montverde

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by tampajack1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Back to you OP. I was expecting Barnes to finish at Montverde, thanks for posting. I expect CC to still start the offense sets for Montverde and get lots of assists passing the ball off to Barnes, like Nembhard did with Barrett. It will be interesting to see how well CC, Moses Moody and Barnes do on the court together since Barnes plays a point forward. I have to agree with you that CC will still be the best overall player on the court but he is a team first kind of guy and Barnes will still get his share of the offense. Got to give CC the edge to start the offense since he knows the Montverde plays already. Their big men still TBD. I know they have the youngster Houstan but I'm not aware of any others that have recently joined them. Its a down year for bigs in Florida but I'd love to see PJ Hall come down for his last year. It would solidify his interest in the Gators if he does.

2. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Jack, I thought Keyontae Johnson attended Oakhill in Virginia?

3. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He attended IMG in his junior year and Oak Hill in his senior year.

4. GatorLegend

GatorLegend VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    OK, gotcha. Wonder why he moved to Oak Hill?

5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't have a clue, but my guess is that we wouldn't have been able to sign Keyontae if he hadn't attended IMG.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Its a wonder we signed Stokes but now we see it wasn't meant to be. I've thought the same of KJ. Who knows where he would have ended up if KJ had stayed at IMG. Stokes was ranked #123 but KJ was at #69 the following year and getting much more attention at Oak Hill. Its amazing to think 2 years ago IMG had Stokes (pre-injury), KJ, De Sousa(Kansas) and Emmitt Williams (LSU).