Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Monday Update: Mullen on CJ and Toney (Good news!)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    IIRC the UK backup QB is Sr who transferred from Troy where he was the starter. He may not be much of a drop off. Guess we’ll see soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Agator88

Agator88 All American

Oct 7, 2014
    I expect UK to try and grind out a win on the ground. I'm more concerned about just making tackles than I am missing coverage. Those young DBs looked more than willing to tackle in the open field. I'm excited to see more Elam.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I won’t be relieved until I see Henderson back on the field. Too often we are told things are a tweak or not serious and we don’t see a player for several weeks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Gatorhead5

Gatorhead5 All American

Apr 10, 2007
    Not to mention it sounded like they were calling from a shed somewhere in the parking lot. Sound was awful.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Thanks. Found this.

Looks like a decent passer and runner, though won't be as athletic as Wilson. UK won't have to re-invent offense for this. Still RPO heavy, but with more of a power run option from QB.

Throwing nice balls doesn't equate to reading/dissecting SEC secondaries, though...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Couldn’t agree more. “Couple of 6 weeks”. That being said If Copeland is given an opportunity we won’t miss Toney at all. More worried about Henderson. One week away ok but if he has to miss more than Kentucky I’ll be worried. Henderson is one of our 2-3 most important and valuable players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. cubangator

cubangator Sophomore

Jul 8, 2017
    Don't remember if he did or not, thats why was asking, however Mullen didn't said anything about him being injured in his press conference so i guess that he is ready for the Kentucky game.

8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

If we can get past KY without Henderson, there's no reason to put him out there against Towson. Rest him up for 2 weeks and hope we get past KY without him

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. fda92045

fda92045 Sophomore

Feb 19, 2012
    Or even UT...if they continue to be as bad as they look

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

That's a big "if". . . . . if they continue to be as bad as they look, the place might be burned down by the time we play them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    This is a different issue from the comment I responded to. On this though I agree.

12. laniergator

laniergator Junior

Jan 1, 2008
    Braselton, GA
    I feel as though we have many more problems if we don’t get past UK. Not sure just Henderson would make that difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. interrygator73

interrygator73 Sophomore

Feb 21, 2017
    Well that would be 3 weeks. There is a powerfulllllll Vols opponent before Auburn as well. Might be takin' the Vols a bit too lightly, but Towsen seems much more imposing;)
    QUOTE]

14. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Good call. Kid was a heck of a QB in Pensacola, and led Troy to 2-3 bowls. I think he was the QB when they knocked off LSU, but I'd have to check. To put it simply, Wilson had the game of his life against us last year, so I don't expect the new guy to play as well as Wilson did against us with a senior-laden OL and one of the two best RBs in school history. What I DO expect is that, once the new guy learns the offense, he will be better than Wilson was last year against everybody except us. He's pretty good.

In other words, UK will have addition by subtraction by season's end, but probably not against us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Coach speak. Anyone want to roll dice for a bet? Err an internet beer! We won't know until they step on the field.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  16. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I see I'm not the only one who uses Swype. The original was sooo much better.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I almost disagreed right here just for balance sake. Here to help :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    S SD tweeted Welcome back brother
    So maybe BS will be available Saturday night.

19. goneagaingator

goneagaingator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Believe it or not, Towson might have the best passing attack Florida will see before the Gators go to Baton Rouge. Towson’s starter at QB is Tom Flacco, Joe’s little brother. He’s pretty good.

Towson’s built themselves a nice little program. They went down to Baton Rouge and gave LSU fits back in 2012.

20. G8tr69

G8tr69 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    Speedy recovery Guys!! :)