Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mitt makes his move

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Tjgators

Tjgators VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The House had their opportunity, now the House managers want to call witnesses in the Senate. They aren't in control. I'd love to see witnesses. I'd love for the President to have the ability to call witnesses. I'd pay to see it and the leftists would pay dearly at the polls.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    You really don’t understand how any of this works, do you?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They just recite what they hear on Fox

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    ^ Well, I'm not reading all of that, I have a life.

From Joe Bidden's own mouth paraphrasing: "Ukraine ain't gettin' the billion dollar loan from the U.S. unless so and so is fired and I got a Jet to catch."

As President of the U.S. if there are any issues of corruption done by either Ukraine or U.S. citizens, Trump has the same right to withhold any kind of aid to Ukraine just like 'ole Uncle' Joe did. After all, this is the US taxpayers' money.

Did Ukraine get that billion dollar loan to go through once Hunter also got that cushy job with a Ukraine energy company. If you saw the second video (done by ABC), did Hunter Biden also put in a 500k investment with a Chinese bank due to his connections with his dad?

Incidentally, the succeeding Ukraine prosecuter initially dropped the investigation of Burisma energy company but then picked it up again last fall:

No comment, Joe?
    Daria Koulinik (anti-corruption agency in Ukraine, see previous video): "I think what Hunter Biden did was a very bad thing. By working with this company, he allowed his name to be abused (aka corrupted)." <-- Well, that's what democrats naturally do isn't it?

If the Trump children are going around getting richer because of Daddy's international connections, don't you think that there would be hell to pay once it was discovered?

OMG, politicians & their relatives using their position to get filthy richy!
    Oh my!

So, why is the same scrutiny not being held to a top democrat's kid?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Then don’t read the articles. Wallow in your lack of knowledge. It is your choice. Because the links I posted directly explain what Biden was taking about when he was discussing firing Shokin. In 2016. Not made up stories now trying to make the firing of Shokin something it wasn’t.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The history of this administration and those that tried to defend it will not be kind

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    See the links (BBC, ABC, CBS) in my posts confirming what Fox & other sources were questioning about this situation, duh!

8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    This farce of an administration is running massive nimbers of people to the dems. Trump uses people like he uses banks, takes all he can and leaves them wondering wtf theu were thinking. Its okay to be against Trump and against the far left. It isnt a binary option.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Depends on the direction that the country goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    This is really well said. And so succinctly captures how lost our leadership rule is. Name-Calling Trump against a party at war with a duly elected sittingPresident. The left has nobody to offer who has any hope of uniting the country, or even standing for the middle ground policies that much of America craves.

Instead, it’s one side’s embarrassing positions against tr other side’s retaliatory nonsense.

And then repeat it all over again for the next news cycle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Truth has a way of surviving

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Tjgators

Tjgators VIP Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am sure you can explain it to me in

13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Wait, what?

Trump's kids are not actually under investigation. Though some of their actions/entanglements probably should be. Particularly Kushner, who was still doing crooked personal deals with the Saudis and Chinese while actually having a role inside the White House. Hunter Biden was never in govt, he's a private citizen. Kusher on the other hand is supposedly representing the U.S. administration.

While I don't think what Trump's own kids are doing is fully above board either (since nothing has been separated or put into a "blind trust", and Don Jr. and Eric are supposedly running things... you know Daddy is still involved), the emoluments case is a tough one to make. I think Trump absolutely has used his businesses where he can, even to charge $$$ to the government and direct some foreign business to his own properties, but at the same time, I wouldn't doubt that in some areas the Presidency hurts his properties (and from what I've read, the Trump hotel brand is now basically toxic). I would have a little bit of sympathy there, however that G8 snafu shows just how lawless these clowns are thinking they can just select their own properties without a proper process. Even if you want to give them some benefit of the doubt, they make it impossible with their brazen corruption.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Always been my favorite politician. Imagine if he was in his second term now.

Entire country would be better off. A moderate democrat would win the next election.

With shit like Obama saying the 80’s want their foreign policy back and Romney having the stones to stick up to Trump, I don’t see how you can’t respect the man. Think of how dumb Obama’s statement was. Has Russia caused damage since then? I don’t have to ask you to think about how dumb Trump is.

He is correct more than most and isn’t afraid to state the obvious truth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I’d bet no. Mitch is a coward. Glad someone with a big name like Romney is debating the issue, but current political trends...

I’d bet no.

16. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    You're using paragraphs on the extras from Mike Judge's Idiocracy. It's so unfortunate that there are maybe 2.5 trump supporters on this board who are willing to discuss the merits of what you post while the rest are pouring electrolytes on plants.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. avogator

avogator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Why is Mitt Romney in the Senate unless he is going to be a Statesman. He is rich, he has a brood of grandchildren. If you are going to be a meely mouth who caves into Mitch you might as well just resign. H e always raises the possibilty of acting independent and then does what he is told.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    All this witness crap will do is taint biden and keep the other dem candidates off the campaign trail for weeks or months. I say go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Word is circulating on the right that McConnell will have the votes to end the trial by Friday. Apparently the Kavanaugh hearings are having an impact on the decision over witnesses. Lots of Republican senators are pointing out that hearing from Bolton will not be enough for Democrats. They will then demand to hear from Mulvaney, and then McGahan, and on and on and it will turn into a trial with no end. Republicans are going to be accused of a cover up if they don't vote to remove Trump so why bother with witnesses.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Because it’s the right and honorable thing to do. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1