Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mississippi State extends win streak to 12 ahead of SEC season

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by gatorjjh, Mar 14, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Three strikes: Mississippi State extends win streak to 12 ahead of SEC season
    Clarion Ledger Sports
    STARKVILLE – Mississippi State had its final tune-up before SEC play begins this weekend, and the No. 5 Bulldogs had no problems with Grambling State in a 18-1 win at Dudy Noble Field on Wednesday night.

A lot went right for State, including when senior center-fielder Jake Mangum became the fifth Bulldog in school history to reach 300 career hits with a single in the sixth. Mangum helped State reach its highest run total of the season. Here's how the Dogs got there.

In the sixth, the Dogs loaded the bases and got one across on a walk. MacNamee was the next batter up, and he sent a shot into the Left Field Lounge to give Mississippi State a 12-1 lead. The grand slam marked State's second of the season; Foscue had the first against Southeastern Louisiana on Feb. 27. MacNamee admired his while it was in the air longer than he needed to, but the slow walk to first base was worth it, he said.

"I hit it and had to show a little swag right there," MacNamee said.

Three strikes: Mississippi State extends win streak to 12 ahead of SEC season

2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Coming in on a roll!

3. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    had to show a little swagger”—

Back in the day @ Chipola our HC, Ellis Dungan, would have had our entire team sitting in the dugout the next day to watch “swagger” show us the proper way to run the bases following a dinger—at a dead sprint, home to home ‘til he dropped—:ninja3:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Parker House or Sesame Seed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 All American

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Just like we like them...Over confident. Shut them down Mace!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Nowadays, surprised a kid doesn’t take out his phone to snap a selfie as the ball leaves the yard....or jog the bases , streaming live on Facebook. Ha! I’m sure it’s coming! Brace yourself.

Didn’t the one arrogant player (Bump Bailey) in the Natural say he had a cigar in his back pocket so that’s why he didn’t slide? ....pop was dying to find an excuse to bench him!

7. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    bogey—

I’m sure that in today’s world it would be totally inappropriate but I can promise you that back in the day every pitcher in the dugout would have looked left and right and said “ear hole”—

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Wouldn't of even had to say anything.

The Vols almost cost themselves a HR Sunday. He was so busy celebrating w/ dugout almost(did IMO) miss 1B. Reviewed it, but inconclusive. I guess Id celebrate a solo shot too if my team only mustered up 5 runs in 3 games

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

They were the better team over the weekend, but as I said in agame thread, they sure do like to slow trot around the bases (not to mention the shimmying-to-the-dugout Saturday starter). Very unlikable team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    They came in like a good fluffy yeast roll but went out like unleavened bread.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    GC—

Agree on your most accurate post—And you are right, Mr. Ginn will learn that the little HS shuffle of his will not endear him to anyone—

12. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    I like a cocky pitcher now..lol. As long as not jumping around dancing after every K(Ive seen this in SEC recently,,no names mentioned) I like the pitcher stare downs after a K,,especially if on gas...lol

13. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Complete fan of a gunfighters stare, holding your head and shoulders straight and high, Bob Gibson’s quote “you’ll never command the outside half if you don’t own the inside half”, even showing the emotion of the moment closing out an intense AB to end an inning—

Just not a fan of the every inning “boot-scoot-boogie” between the mound and the dugout—

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    yep, I think that qualifies as the dancing, jumping around.

Now a slow "Im a Bad MoFo" strut off the field, as you glare toward the opponent dugout, after K-ing the side, Im ok w/ that too..lol

,,but if you happen to hit a HR off me youd better hustle around those bases..lol.. I know it aint right, just mentality I had on mound. I dictate the mood around here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Bob Gibson was my youthful hero. It would have been Sandy, but I was a righty.

And he didn't need the inside half. It was the inside black and then a bit further in.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Gibson was a little before my time. I had to settle on Nolan Ryan as my pitching hero/wanta be.
    I remember as a lil leaguer, soaking fingers in pickle juice & digging to bottom of bucket of dry uncooked rice, b/c that what Ryan did to prevent blisters. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Top 2 ERAs in SEC, if not country(not updated yet) collide in Starkvegas this weekend.

19. ahudson

ahudson Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I went to Chipola ( from Chipley). Is coach Dungan still alive ?

20. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

He is! As a matter of fact he was “roasted” at this years Alumni Baseball Weekend—he lives in the mountains of NC now and is still the same ol’ “Ski-Daddy”—:)

• Like Like x 1