Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mississippi ICE Raids Separate Children from Parents

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by AzCatFan, Aug 9, 2019.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    This is Trump's America. ICE raiding places of employment to apprehend hard-working people, many with families, and for what purpose? So children, many of whom are citizens, can go without their parents? Be taken care of by friends, relatives, or worse, the state? And who benefits from these kinds of raids? Anyone?

Maybe if Mississippi had an employment problem and these immigrants were truly taking jobs from citizens, then there would be a point to the raids. But that's not happening. In fact, Mississippi is already seeing labor shortages in farming and construction before these raids occurred. How is creating more, low-end job openings going to help Mississippi American get jobs, since there's plenty already available? It's not. And just like all previous immigration raids before this one, everyone ends in a larger labor shortage, and not a single one creates jobs American jump and take.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    If they were here legally this wouldn't be an issue now would it, nobody to blame but themselves. They have to follow laws just like us citizens do. If I break the law and have to go to jail then I would be separated from my kids. Who's fault would that be?

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  3. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

Why do they continue to play this charade....the fact is that they really don't believe that coming here ILLEGALLY is doing something that is against the law.

What is going on is a deliberate exercise in deception. Say you are against "open borders" while at the same time saying that people who break the law and are here illegally shouldn't face consequences.

See how that works!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Couldn't there be a better way to address the problem without having to traumatize the kids? I mean illegal is illegal, but it's not like that has ever stopped other people from doing illegal stuff. Even regular white people. ;) The children did nothing wrong, but they have to suffer, and they likely will never forget this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If our forefathers always followed the laws, we'd all be blessing the Queen. Why should we follow laws that make no sense and benefit nobody? And what's so funny, @flgator2, about children being separated from their parents?

If a law is so bad that enforcing it means everybody loses, then why enforce it? Better it, change the law so it actually does benefit people! And to reiterate, who benefits from the Mississippi ICE raids? Certainly not the children. Not the parents. Not the business owners who lose employees and will have a difficult, if not impossible time replacing them with legal workers. And not us taxpayers, who end up paying up to $10,000 per person deported, while we also end up paying for more for good because the business that employs the immigrants have to make up the money somehow.

So I ask again, if nobody wins, and everyone loses, what's the point of enforcing the law? Isn't it logical to change the law? Or should we forget the sacrifices of our forefathers and just bow down to the law because it's the law?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Trump wins, so therefore it's a win-win situation. So much winning. :confused::ninja:

7. gatornana

gatornana Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We only see working illegals with families being rounded up.....does Trump go after the gangs he was talking about when he began this crusade against illegals?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    We sure don't see corporate criminals being rounded up...hmmm.....

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The parents knew the law and the risks before they came, and not only did they come, they are the ones who chose to bring their kids (or have kids here) and risk exactly what happened.
    It is no different than me choosing to drive with an expired drivers license with my kid in the backseat. Neither they nor I nor they are terrible people, but if the cop chooses to arrest me and separate me from my kid, that’s on me, not him.

It us unfair is a bad excuse when they chose to do it.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. gatornana

Apr 3, 2007
    They're his friends and family

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

So you're all for open borders....it's ok you're allowed to be honest

12. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Well, I ain't one to gossip, so ya din't hear it from me. :cool:

13. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

With that accusation in mind....how many bankers went to jail during the OA resulting from the 2008 crash?

Oh yeah....they were all Obama's friends. So the answer is ZERO

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  14. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If you drive with an expired license, you get a small fine and a chance to remedy the situation. We should give the same opportunity to these immigrants. Especially since they are not dangerous, hard working, and have children to take care of.

As for the risk, it's calculated, and a similar risk many of our family members took when they left whatever country they called home to come here for a better opportunity. If the opportunity exists here, and the jobs aren't being taken by citizens, why deny these immigrants the same chance at the American dream?

Again, I'll ask, who wins by enforcing this law? If nobody can answer without their tongue in cheek, then should we be enforcing the law?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

Again, I'll ask. Why don't you just admit you are for open borders.

as for my family....they came here for opportunity AND ALSO came here legally.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm for the Gang of 8 plan, which extends the guest worker program to rightsize immigrant labor supply with demand. This also includes enhanced border security to keep out criminals such as drug runners and those with criminal histories. If this is the definition of open border to you, then I'm guilty as charged. But the problem is a lot more nuanced than you make it, and even the Gang of 8 plan would keep people out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    But they were rich white folks that had a bigger set of....attorneys, not brown people scraping by.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. gatornana

Apr 3, 2007
  20. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

Ok so let's say that plan exists. People come to administrative offices and get a guest worker voucher. They are now being accounted for and monitored.

Do you really believe that this will stop illegal border crossings with people willing to work below the pay rate of workers who are getting paid and taxed? That there still won't be a demand from laborers to utilize those workers in order to avoid their additional expenses of hiring documented workers? Not to mention the fact this plan does nothing to deter/prevent the illegal crossings of potential terrorists/drug smuggling/human trafficking etc.

All that plan does is re-shape the same problem that already exists.

Fact is that there is not one working solution that will work without having a wall as the primary/central component.

Walls work

• Winner Winner x 1