Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Miss. St.looking at Grantham for HC.***EDIT***Mike Leach got the job

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorRider, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaGator

MetaGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow- you have a much different opinion of Muschamp than most I have seen.

Google “Muschamp meltdown”. You get multiple videos and stories about his sideline antics, including this article in USA Today ranking his meltdowns.

Will Muschamp’s top sideline meltdowns | USA TODAY Sports

The same search for “Grantham Meltdown” has one story about Grantham at Georgia in 2011 and the rest of the links on the first page are related to the stock market.

Google and many articles and stories on the internet show that Will Muschamp is more more known for losing his mind on the sideline than Todd Grantham.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Agator88

Agator88 All American

Oct 7, 2014
    That's probably got more to do with Muschamp being a HC at several stops as opposed to Grantham only being the DC. The cameras dont usually follow the DC around as much as the head coach. All I'm saying is, since Grantham has been on our sidelines I have seen him act crazy several times. Off the top of my head the Vandy game last year he looked like he was about to fight Mason at Vandy. He just looks like a roller coaster of emotion, he is intense.

3. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    My point is it didn’t work so well with Morehead

4. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Mullen Is the exception to the rule

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    Those two set a mighty low bar in my opinion.... Spurrier, for example, was passionate at times on the sideline, but did not let it take him out of the game. Muschamp clearly does and Grantham seems the same.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dont forget Pruitts goofy ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    I watched the Grantham “Chaz-choke” on a projector and big movie screen at a Halloween party. Dear God, that was forever ago.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Where's Grantham's "guaranteed" $20 Mill??
    Just because his kid is playing baseball at MSU doesn't mean that he's automatically going to go coach football there......

Nor does it actually state any monetarty contract..whether it be annual salary, nor length of supposed contract.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. MoscowGtr

MoscowGtr All American

Aug 17, 2011
    Clearly Grantham is interested in the job and will take it if offered. The question is whether they will offer.

10. GatorRider

GatorRider GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
  11. Chantweaver

Chantweaver GC Legend

May 7, 2008
    If he is offered he will take just like most any coordinator would for a chance to be the head man. I personally think it would be MSUs best move.

I just hope CDM and Scott have been on the phone with a few possible replacements. Mainly Manuel

12. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    That’s great but don’t think it will have any impact. Hill may not even be there next year. We see these same retweets in favor of certain candidates at places like FSU and ended up having no bearing at all. Heck FSU had 8-10 players pledging support for Odell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe after the Moorehead debacle, the best bet for MSU would be to bring in a proven Head Coach. I still think a guy like Bill Clark (UAB), if he is interested, would be the best candidate. MSU cannot afford 2 failures in a row. They need someone with a proven track record.

14. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Monday morning update> Source tells FootballScoop Mississippi State officials met with Joe Judge yesterday. He is slated to meet with the New York Giants today. Source adds that Mississippi State believes they have a very strong chance at landing Judge as their next head coach.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    Whew

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    I never heard of Judge until I just looked him up...
    I don't know what to think. Here's a short bio I got from Wiki...

• 38 years old.
    • Played at Miss State. married to a State soccer player w/ 4 kids. (Their kids will be phenomenal athletes- IMO.)
    • GA also at State.
    • Special teams assistant at Bama 09-11
    • Since 12 he has been a part of the Patriots org. He was promoted to Special teams Coordinator in 17. he still holds that job.
    • He is also WR coach now w/ New England.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You don’t think Venables has been offered multiple hc jobs? Take Kirby for instance. Why go to a perineal loser when you can bide your time for a premier job if you’re even interested in being a hc.

18. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

The money likely means less than seeing his son play baseball almost every game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. tilly

Choke signs against us and two Muschamp-like temper/sparring matches with opposing coaches from the sidelines with us...Dude has a temper issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. tilly

He has twice lost it at opposing coaches from our sideline. He started the screaming in the Vandy game last year, (benches cleared) and he was seen screaming profanities at Bronco during the Orange Bowl.
    Check the 1:14 mark:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.