Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mike White gets shout-out on Kentucky Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by REM08, Apr 26, 2019.

1. REM08

REM08 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2010
    Arkansas
    Just a random tidbit that I thought would further confirm something you all already see in Mike White.

A caller to KSR (most popular UK sports radio show), claimed to be an assistant coach at a high school in South Florida that had a "stud point guard" who ended up finishing second in the Florida Mr. Basketball rankings the year Kevin Knox won it. This coaching staff was "pushing hard" for the kid to go to Florida and he said that Mike White had been "mildly" recruiting this kid but had taken a commitment from Shai Alexander. This coach said, "I've gotta give Mike White credit, we didn't know why he wouldn't take our player over Shai and he looked us straight in the eye and said, "look, Shai is going to be a one and done, that's how good he is."

Really seemed impressed that White could see this when no one else was at the time. I mean, this was his reason for calling a UK radio show.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe it is a deep con game: Mike White will now pretend to recruit players so that Coach Cal goes after them.

• Funny x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  3. fijigator

fijigator GC Legend

Apr 4, 2019
    The poaching of our recruits might actually be why Florida basketball recruiting is a lot more closed off to the public than it used to be.

4. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Trent Frazier was runner up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Deep Blue State at work.