Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Mike Pence doesn't have a good record when it comes to outbreaks

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Feb 27, 2020.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    So instead of paying for ounces of HIV prevention, we end up paying for pounds and pounds and pounds of HIV cure. How is this better for you and me as the taxpayer?

Ideally, it would be great for people not to engage in high risk activity. But that's not going to happen in the real world. You can also argue we shouldn't pay for any indigent medicare care either, because that's the only option where paying for the needles is less expensive than paying for the care of HIV patients. But even this comes at a cost, including turning people away for needed medical care because of their inability to pay. And how is this the moral decision?

I'm not trying to outsmart anything. I'm trying to be pragmatic. You don't seem to understand the difference.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    @LouisvilleGator Are you tapping out or do have a comeback on the economic or moral side? Feel like The Rock after a body slam, but are you going to try to defend the morality of your proposal or economics of it?

I usually don’t get so heated on too hot, but defend your statement or just admit you are wrong. Pence did it. You have yet to make one moral or economical argument one poster has agreed with.

One penny to save one kid from a drunk driver? Your answer is no, let the kid die?

3. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    We are yelling at a brick wall, but the answer is obvious. Doubt anyone except one poster disagrees.

4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
  5. anstro76

anstro76 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 14, 2008
    St.Petersburg
    He'll just send the patients to Virus Conversion Camp.
    Pray it away.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Yes, it's very telling that you'd "get so heated" over someone posting truth. Mike Pence didn't cause any outbreak of HIV. He is not responsible for people making very bad life choices and engaging in high risk behavior. Nor is John Q Taxpayer. Your hatred of all things Trump blinds you to this very simple fact.

Pence's management of Covid-19 remains to be seen, but if people with Covid-19 go against doctor's orders and make really bad life choices, it won't be Pence's fault then either.

7. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I get heated because you aren’t posting the truth. John Q. Taxpayer is paying much more for the fact unrelated individuals are using intervenious drugs and getting HIV. It’s called Medicaid.

It’s not Pence’s “fault” those people got AIDS, but he implemented a stupid policy that you are the only one defending. Pence did an about face and reversed the policy because it is common sense. He issued an Executive Order to reinstate the needle exchange program two days after praying on the matter.

So you are disagreeing with Trump’s number #2 on the needle policy. Myself and the rest of the board now agree with Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence’s current thoughts (after reflection and prayer).

Glad to see you can disagree with Trump’s main advisor even though the rest of the world disagrees with you.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  8. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Whether you like it or not, decisions that politicians make have an affect on people. You are essentially arguing that Mike Pence has no blame for a HIV outbreak in his state, while he was governor, that was a direct result of a poor decision he made.

9. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Because it's close to Louisville?

10. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    People used to rail against the evils of tea when it was introduced to Europe. We later decided we liked it and then dumped a bunch of it in our harbor and turned it into a rallying cry. Yeah, we were kind of founded on these principles.

11. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Heroin addicts are not exactly known for being desirable sexual partners.

12. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    I mean, I didn't really want to contribute to the bailout of the big banks and auto manufacturers for their poor choices.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Using the phrases "Mike Pence" and "science" in the same sentence is erroneous without inserting the modifier "doesn't believe in" between them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Coming from the folks that don't believe the scientific fact that a fetus feels pain.

15. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    Me either. One could make the argument that the bailouts made the taxpayer money in the end. The fallacy was in the thinking that it was our only choice.

16. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    Reading comprehension will help you.

17. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    Wow, you must have really strained hard on this one, still editing it 19 minutes later. I'm flattered. I mean that. Now that I'm living rent free inside your head, thank you for admitting it was not Mike Pence's fault those people contracted HIV. That is, after all, what the impetus of the thread was. This board has a nasty habit of regurgitating Huff Post and Vanity Fair articles, as if they were original ideas.

18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Still swinging at that strawman, I see. Again, nobody said he caused the outbreak. His policy decisions made the outbreak worse. So congratulations, you really got that strawman, but how about dealing with arguments that people are actually proposing.

19. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Hey, I have Master of Letters degree not a Master of Sentence Structure degree.

In related news, jokes are things that exist.