Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Mike Bloomberg Once Again Called Transgender People “It” And “Some Guy Wearing A Dress”

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 18, 2020.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The difference is that Bloomberg has expressed regret over his "sins". Trump on the other hand not only never apologizes., he embraces what he has done in the past and even doubles down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    The post I responded to was rather ironic. Bloomberg was "talking like a Con" which for the last 4 years all "Cons" have heard is how inappropriate it is to talk that way.

3. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

You're already rationalizing stuff like a Trumpist. Remember when Trump hugged that LGBT flag said all those things about how loved the LGBT people? The statements in this article are very recent, not things the guy said decades ago. Bloomberg knows how to hustle scared liberals like Trump knows how to hustle terrified conservatives.

4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Difference is that while Trump may have hugged the LGBT flag, Bloomberg actually implemented substantive policies which would benefit transgender individuals. From my post #4 in this thread.
    In April 2002, during his first year as mayor, Mike signed a sweeping transgender civil rights bill into law. His company provides comprehensive healthcare coverage for his transgender employees.
    Bloomberg has also committed to the implementation of policies that would benefit transgender individuals.
    As president, he has a comprehensive plan to secure rights for transgender Americans, including passing the Equality Act, ensuring transgender people have access to affirming healthcare and working to end the crisis of violence against transgender women.
    Bloomberg's company was also among those opposing the North Carolina bathroom bill.

And no, I do not think that Bloomberg's past behavior and statements should be excused, but he would represent a significant improvement of Donald Trump and while Bernie may be able to defeat Trump, the probability of a Bernie victory over Trump in November is considerably less than that of Bloomberg victory.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Locker room talk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I never said it’s okay, it’s just funny to watch you guy pretend to be upset by it. But if you are not pretending, then I sincerely hope you can somehow get over this and move on with life.

7. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    I kind of see Sanders as the liberal version of Trump. He's even got the cult following.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. wgbgator

Ok. I think you are mistaking someone being popular for a cult, but maybe that's just me. But as far as actual apples to apples comparisons go, Trump and Bloomberg are more similar than Sanders and Trump.

9. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Bloomberg and Trump have a lot in common in terms of personalities and style, which I find amusing given how many Dems rant incessantly about Trump's behavior but are all in for Bloomie. And as far as Bloomberg being a "liberal" I'm still not sure exactly where he falls on the political spectrum.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    That's what's funny... I'm not upset by it.

I sincerely hope you can somehow get over your TDS and move on with your life. Times really aren't that bad.

11. wgbgator

It's sad that I have to agree with you, but the way any number of liberals have thrown away any sort of credibility on issues like sexism and racism (not to mention their issues with Trump's style and ethos) to greet Bloomberg as a savior from the bad man just because they want to win is disturbing. I hope its a small enough number to where it doesn't matter, but I dunno. Money can buy silence and support. Cant literally buy votes though.

12. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    if you’re not careful you might just end up a Bloomberg supporter.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Well, Trump and Sanders are both populists making promises to their base they can't possibly keep. And the Bernie Bros remind me of Trump supporters. But yes, they are far different in other ways. Bloomberg on a personal level, is more like Trump except that Bloomberg is far richer and vastly more competent than Trump.

14. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    The Democrats really painted themselves into a corner, and Bernie Sanders might be the only candidate that can save them from their predicament. The Mueller Report was supposed to bring Trump down (at least two years of meticulous dissection of the investigation on MSNBC led to that belief). Nothing. Then the ill-fated Trump Impeachment, which, for all its drama. ended exactly as anticipated … Trump impeached in the Democrat controlled House, acquitted in the Republican controlled Senate. Nothing. Now Democrats have to fallback on meat-and-potato issues that might inspire voter support, but meat-and-potato issues that won’t enrage the donor class. So, the Democrats are stuck, and only Bernie Sanders and his movement has the energy to dislodge Trump. It’s a pretty clear dynamic.

[​IMG]

15. wgbgator

The idea of a richer, more competent authoritarian like Trump doesn't frighten you?

16. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Since Buttigieg is the only other candidate with recent Exec Branch experience, if one of the Senators brings this up to Bloomberg tonight, I am pretty sure you will see him reference this.

17. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    No more so than an authoritarian like Sanders.

18. gaterzfan

gaterzfan Senior

Feb 6, 2020
    Well, you can take a yankee out of the northeast and mid-Atlantic but you can’t take the “yankee” out of those people..

19. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I mean have we literally reached a point where we cant refer to a guy wearing a dress, as a guy wearing a dress?

Man we live in a weird time.

20. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Fever is as obsessed with Bloomberg as gatorbill was with Hillary.

Now that I'm on my late 50's I can see how some of the workplace things I did in my 20's were wrong.

Here's one:

Very attractive, very tall woman in a short skirt with terrific legs walks into my office on the day of a solar event. I think it was that Jupiter or Saturn were visible at lunchtime. Asks me "can I look out your window to see (Jupiter or Saturn). "of course" I say and wave her toward the window.

After a few minutes of gazing "Would you like to see (Jupiter or Saturn)" she asked, while facing away from my desk looking out the window in her lovely miniskirt.

"No thanks" I said, "I'd rather just sit here and look at Uranus instead"

That would get me fired today.

But the difference is, I wouldn't say it today. And I don't think Bloomberg would, either.

But Trump? Ha.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1